‘Tis the season for out-of-town visitors, and spontaneous gatherings. Plan a painless impromptu holiday party using the following tips which include a tasty (yet simple!) recipe and a few ways to deep clean your home!
You don’t have to spend a fortune on food. Holiday potlucks are actually a lot of fun! Set out bowls of these seasoned oyster crackers in various spots where people will be mingling. Create a self-serve drink station with jugs of apple cider, store-bought eggnog, and packets of instant hot cocoa. Leave candy canes out as drink stirrers (check out my candy cane cocktail recipe for inspiration!). I think a few bottles of wine and Bailey’s seal the deal, but you can get as fancy as you want with signature cocktails.
Mix melted butter with Italian seasoning before tossing with oyster crackers.
The crackers effortlessly absorb the seasonings, and it is a simple touch to upgrade a snack in a hurry!
- 1 package of oyster crackers, any brand
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper of foil.
- Combine the melted butter, Italian seasoning and salt & pepper.
- Pour the package of oyster crackers into a larger bowl and pour the butter mixture over the top of the crackers (see photo). Gently stir to coat the crackers in the mixture (see photo).
- Pour the crackers out onto the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Once you have a simple menu planned, try these other holiday recipe ideas!