Bacon is clearly my favorite, but my recipes don’t have to be too unhealthy. Right? When I was on the Whole 30, I ditched the carbs and bread and ate all my favorites on large leafy romaine. Tacos, hamburgers, BLTs…everything was enjoyed on lettuce. I kind of kept up this habit even after those thirty days. Bread, to me, feels unnecessary. It fills me up, and I end up feeling kind of gross. So, I try to just skip the bread and I make my favorites in between lettuce leaves.
The combination of bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, CHEESE, and ranch dressing is one of my favorite summer lunches. I crave this all the time, and I would be thrilled to eat this at every meal. I mean, why not? Since I discovered the joy of shredding my own cheese (see my garlic rosemary chicken salad recipe for this revelation), I decided to try Cabot’s White Oak Cheddar for this week’s lunch. It didn’t disappoint.
I start with crispy, oven-baked bacon. I divide a few slices between two large leaves of romaine, and I start adding my toppings.
This variety of cheese pairs well with the smoky bacon flavor. I used Marzetti Simply Dressed Ranch Salad Dressing, but you can add whatever you have on hand. I’ve also topped this with blue cheese, Italian dressing, and even a vinaigrette. You would be surprised at the variety of flavors you can create with a simple BLT!
- 2 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 pieces of baked bacon slices, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup of Cabot Aged White Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing
- Add bacon, tomato, and cheese to romaine lettuce leaves.
- Drizzle ranch dressing over each.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1074Total Fat: 74gSaturated Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 175mgSodium: 1951mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 28gSugar: 20gProtein: 61g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
What’s your favorite summer sandwich?
Easy Salad Recipes:
Free Meal Plan Ideas
Looking for an easy free meal plan?! I have you covered. Here’s a sample of what meal plans you can expect if your sign up for my email list.
- Monday: Fast Sliders
- Tuesday: Lemon Pepper Pork Chops
- Wednesday: Salmon BLT Sliders
- Thursday: Teriyaki Steak Egg Rolls (or try this egg foo yung!)
- Friday: Salsa Chicken Quesadillas
- Snacks: Trail Mix Energy Balls
- Other ideas: Set up a breakfast burrito bar for easy morning meals.
- The Right Way to Clean Your Bathroom – A Simple Guide - October 25, 2021
- Car vs Truck Accident: What Are The Major Differences Between Them - October 24, 2021
- How To Go Through Your Physical And Financial Pain After An Accident - October 24, 2021