The Best Crab Cakes Recipe: Quinoa and Avocado Crab Cakes
When I first met my husband, we used to do Seafood Sundays. It became a tradition while we dated and throughout our first year or so of marriage. We would grill fish or he would show me how to eat snow crab. I’m still terrible at eating snow crab, and I can never seem to master those pesky claws. Either way, he showed me that there were a few kinds of flavors that I did enjoy. I didn’t grow up on seafood dishes, but now I can’t imagine life without shrimp or crab! One of my favorite appetizers? Crab cakes! Here is the BEST crab cakes recipe that you can make at home!
The Best Crab Cakes Recipe
There are so many different ways to prepare crab cakes, and sometimes I buy them already cooked. When I have time, I like to get creative. I’m trying to experiment in the kitchen, and here is a fun combination to make crab cakes with a bit of flair!
Try avocado and quinoa along with your favorite crab meat for a fun appetizer that is perfect for summer!
Quinoa and Avocado Crab Cakes
A simple crab cake recipe with quinoa and avocados!
- 1 package of lump crab or imitation crab
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (cook according to package directions)
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the crab, egg white, breadcrumbs, cooked quinoa, mashed avocado, green onions, Mrs. Dash Seasoning and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- If the mixture is too dry, add a little bit more avocado so it sticks.
- If the mixture is too wet, add a little bit more quinoa or breadcrumbs.
- Heat a medium size pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Scoop a 2 tablespoon portion of the mixture out into the pan and gently use the back of the spoon to press down and flatten the crab cakes.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on one side until browned.
- Gently flip and brown the other side for another 3-4 minutes until heated and cooked through.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 55Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Do you like crab cakes or seafood?
- 4 Facts You Didn’t Know About Red Light Therapy - March 18, 2023
- The Top 4 Strategies for Training and Managing Your Dog’s Behavior - March 18, 2023
- These 5 Factors Can Influence Compensation in Truck Accidents - March 18, 2023