Fall is officially here and what better way to celebrate than with a pumpkin spice cupcake to go with that latte you love so much? These seasonal cupcakes are so delicious, with pumpkin puree in the mix to keep the cake moist.
The cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar frosting made from scratch will melt in your mouth! And they’re easy to make! This festive recipe has is guaranteed to even have Floridians in an autumn state of mind. Now if only we could get a little bit of that sweater weather in the forecast…
The star of the cupcake recipe is pumpkin – of course!
The frosting is easy to make. You will never buy store-bought again!
- One box of your favorite yellow cake mix, plus ingredients on the back of the box
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine ingredients from the back of the yellow cake mix box, minus any water. Add pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and pumpkin puree (instead of water). Mix well with your mixer on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Place cupcake liners into a muffin tin. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake 15-17 minutes.
- Beat butter with your mixer until smooth. Add cream cheese, beat until combined. Add powdered sugar, syrup, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Be careful not to over mix the frosting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 399Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 441mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 2gSugar: 43gProtein: 3g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Ice cupcakes and decorate with a Mallow-creme Pumpkin!
Fall Cupcake Recipes:
What is your favorite cupcake flavor? Pair this with a homemade pumpkin latte for a delicious fall treat!
- Here are the Reasons Why You Should Write a Book - January 21, 2022
- Moving With Kids Isn’t Easy, But Let’s Make It Less Stressful - January 21, 2022
- Do You Have Varicose Veins? Here Are Some Treatment Options - January 18, 2022