I am way into the holiday season if only for the re-introduction of peppermint flavors into my everyday diet. I enjoy warm coffee in the morning with sweet peppermint mocha creamer as often as I can. I want peppermint in my refrigerator, in my air fresheners, in my food. Any chance that I have to add a little peppermint makes my day brighter. I can’t help myself! I look forward to peppermint everything this time of year–especially holiday recipes and desserts. Inspired by the flavors of Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer, these peppermint mocha cupcakes are fudgy with just the right amount of mint flavor.
So, how does one go from coffee creamer to frosted cupcakes in a few hours? Well, it wasn’t that hard! The frosting was homemade, but I did use a cake box mix for the cupcakes so I could have a rich, fudgy flavor. I even got to use my new frosting tips, and I couldn’t have been more impressed. Whether these are an office party potluck dessert or a fun recipe to make with your children, adding a bit of peppermint flavor with NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® was so fun!
I typically use this creamer in my coffee. I don’t even need extra sugar since it’s just the right amount of sweet. I knew that adding the creamer to the cupcake batter would provide the same results.
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix (I used fudge)
- water, oil, and eggs as cake mix instructs
- 2 tbsp peppermint mocha coffee creamer
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp peppermint mocha coffee creamer
- Red sprinkles, optional
- Peppermints, optional
- Prepare cupcake batter with the cake mix as the package instructs.
- While the cupcakes cool, prepare icing.
- Mix together the butter and powdered sugar until fully combined.
- Add vanilla, coffee creamer, and whipping cream. Mix until smooth.
- When cupcakes are cooled completely, ice cupcakes with a knife or icing kit.
- Top cupcakes with red sprinkles.
- Add a peppermint for garnish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 895Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 935mgCarbohydrates: 134gFiber: 1gSugar: 97gProtein: 5g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
A few sprinkles and a peppermint atop creamy icing go a long way. This batch will be much appreciated at my next family get together.
What’s your favorite kind of cupcake?