When Kristen at Bon Bon Rose Girls suggested that we share spring cocktails on our blogs, I was reminded why I like her so much! She is co-editor over on Bon Bon, a blog that I’ve read almost as long as I’ve been blogging! I’ve followed the authors’ stories on fashion, baby products, and their daily life stories. So, to get the chance to collaborate on crafting cocktails… count me in! So, what did I come up with?
Mango Pineapple Punch
This mango pineapple cocktail is a refreshing spring treat that is perfect for an afternoon on the water or a breezy evening out. I’m not going to lie. My bar is never fully stocked, and I frequently need to run out to gather ingredients to create a dinner or a drink. Yet, this one was a mix of things I already had.
The rum was left over (or actually, never really touched) from two weekends ago when my husband wanted to make flavored mojitos. While I enjoyed sipping on it, it wasn’t a drink I felt like re-creating for today’s post. I wanted something different. Something bright and punchy.
- 6 oz Simply Orange Pineapple Juice
- 3 oz parts Mango Rum
- A splash of Sprite
- Add ice, the orange pineapple juice, and the mango rum to the cocktail shaker.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Add a splash of Sprite.
- Garnish with fresh pineapple.
- My glasses were 10 ounces, so you may need to adjust the parts for a smaller drink.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- JoyJolt Afina 4-Piece Cocktail Glasses Set, 8-Ounce Martini Glasses
- Cocktail Shaker Infuser Set, Active Infusion, Be an Infused Alcohol Cocktail Mixologist using the 10 Homemade Flavored Recipes + 4 Round Ice Ball Molds, Best Home Bar Kit, a Great Gift Item!
- Corkcicle Tumbler-Classic Collection-Triple Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Mug, 16 oz, Gloss Turquoise
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 33gProtein: 1g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Pretty simple! This was the first time I actually used a jigger and paid attention to the measurements poured into the cocktail strainer. I think I may have been a bartender in a former life.
The best part is the orange juice can be saved for Sunday brunch. A pineapple mimosa, anyone?
What’s your favorite refreshing cocktail?
Great minds think alike. Kristen at Bon Bon Rose Girls used fresh mango for her cocktail concoction. We have three mango trees in our yard so when I start having ripe mangoes again, I’m going to give this one a try! Visit her blog for a Frozen Champagne Cocktail recipe.
- Traveling The World In 2020? Here’s What You Need To Know - August 5, 2020
- Cotton Candy Vodka Cocktail: Ice Cream Cocktail Shake - July 30, 2020
- Travel Safety Tips Post Pandemic - July 30, 2020