I’m kind of not sure how it is already June and summer is in full swing. The temperatures are quite warm here in Florida, and regular ol’ cocktails melt quickly outside. What doesn’t melt? Well, frozen drinks are a good start. Sure, they melt eventually, but at least they don’t turn into a watered-down mess of juice and alcohol in ten minutes or less. What’s your go-to drink when you’re out at a bar? Mine is the pina colada. I know that some people may be like, “What’s in it?” or “How do you make it?” We’ll get to all of that in this blog post, but first let me tell you why I love pina coladas so much! The perfect mix between sweet and sour with an undertone of coconut, they are my favorite cocktail to enjoy on vacation. Plus, who doesn’t love getting drunk off pineapple juice? Malibu Pina Coladas are just as good as getting caught in the rain!
Love Cocktails? Sign up for the cocktail recipe ebook!
How to Make a Pina Colada
This classic pina colada recipe combines my two favorites—coconut and pineapple. I could eat pineapple all day, every day. Sometimes, I do. Which reminds me, I have the COOLEST pineapple corer that I found at Williams-Sonoma. I highly recommend one if you are going to enjoy fresh pineapples this summer.
It’s kind of amazing. Just imagine what you can do with it! Anyway, you can find it at Williams-Sonoma for under $20. Win.
But back to the drink. This is sure to be a new Sunday pool party favorite, and the cool flavors are perfect for summer. While I’m planning a family vacation for next week, I have a few cocktail recipes and Florida posts to share on this blog. From frozen drinks to 4th of July crafts, get ready for a few fun entries to welcome summer. Psst…. love summer cocktails? Learn how to make jello shots for a refreshing shot to share at your next pool party!
You have been invited to a beach party and you are not sure what drinks to bring. You don’t want to make the same mistake as last time- bringing way too much alcohol and running out of something else. The solution is simple: Pina coladas! This delicious drink will keep you refreshed, cool, and satisfied all night long without having to worry about running out. Read on for how easy it is to make this tropical favorite at your next party!
It’s summertime in the US, and that means it is time to pull out your shorts, bikinis, sunblock, and of course those cool drinks. One of our favorite drinks for the summer is a pina colada. Pina coladas are refreshing cocktails made with rum, coconut cream or milk (or both), pineapple juice and a dash of nutmeg or cinnamon. But how do you make one?
- 1.5 oz coconut rum
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz coconut cream
- 1 cup ice
- Add ingredients to a blender, and blend on high until you have a slushy consistency.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge and/or maraschino cherry and cocktail umbrella if you’d like!
- Other ingredients can be added to the drink such as grenadine syrup, sugar, ice cream and whipped cream.
- Adding orange juice will give it a tangy flavor while grenadine will add sweetness.
Malibu Pina Colada Recipe
- 1/4 cup of crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup of pineapple juice
- 3 oz of cream of coconut
- 2 oz of Malibu coconut rum
- 2 cups of ice
- Add ice, pineapple juice, crushed pineapple, and cream of coconut into a blender.
- Blend until it is smooth.
- Pour in the coconut rum and mix with a spoon.
- Garnish with fresh pineapple and cherries.
- Serve immediately. pour into your glass.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 448Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 138mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 5gSugar: 33gProtein: 3g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Looking for a mocktail? Substitute an extra ounce of cream of coconut and skip the rum!
Pina Colada Cocktail Garnishes
- Maraschino cherries
- Orange slices
- Coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- Brown sugar and cinnamon for rimming the glass with whipped cream on top (optional)
- Chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
- If you’re feeling adventurous, add in some spices like cinnamon or nutmeg for an extra kick.
- To make it even more festive, top off with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
How Do You Serve a Pina Colada?
It is often served in a tall glass garnished with pineapple chunks and an umbrella on top to make it look like a tropical vacation.
What’s your favorite summertime drink? I’m a big fan of the classics even though I like to experiment!
Looking for more pineapple cocktails?
Making cocktails is a great way to spend time with friends and have fun. It’s also a good way to impress guests at your next party. If you like pina coladas, here are some cocktails that you can make!
Try a Pineapple Mojito next! Mix ¼ cup of fresh lime juice, ½ cup of pineapple juice, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 3 tablespoons of chopped mint leaves and 2 cups ice in your blender until it becomes slushy. Pour into glasses over crushed ice and garnish with additional sprigs of mint leaf for the perfect tropical drink!
A night out with friends is always a good time, but it’s even better when you have the right drinks to go along! With these delicious cocktails, you’ll be able to find something that suits your taste. Whether you like margaritas or mojitos, we’ve got them!
The Best Rum Cocktails
- Can You Integrate Bicycling Into Your Daily Lifestyle? - February 5, 2023
- How To Make An Attic More Comfortable As A Leisure Room - February 5, 2023
- Top Tips And Tricks For Easy And Efficient Moving - February 5, 2023