Spring Party Dessert: Lemon Pudding Recipe
I have a thing for lemons and anything lemon related. I love their vibrant yellow color, lemon recipes, and I even have lemon decor in my kitchen. My dream is to have a grove of lemon trees just like Yolanda Foster on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. (Now you know I also watch bad TV!) But really, anything made with lemon is perfection in my book.
This lemon pudding is a dessert that I’ve made a few times now. Each time I’ve made it, it’s been a huge hit. It’s perfect because it’s not too tart, not too sweet and has a beautiful yellow color that brightens up the dessert table. I like to portion it out and serve it in pretty little cups so it’s easy for guests to grab and eat. (I also have a thing for desserts served in little cups!) I add a generous sprinkling of graham cracker crumbs to the top of my lemon pudding but you can get a little fancier and add whipped cream, mint leaves or even fresh raspberries.
You could always go out and buy a boxed lemon pudding at the store but I think this recipe is easy enough to give a homemade batch a go.
The recipe that I use is from here, but I have adapted a few of the ingredients to my liking.
Spring Party Dessert: Lemon Pudding
A spring lemon dessert recipe. You can serve this on Easter too!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup lemon juice (1/2 cup if you want a less lemon flavor)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- Whisk the sugar and the cornstarch together in a saucepan.
- Add the milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add the egg yolks, zest, and salt.
- While cooking, stir frequently.
- Toward the end, be sure to stir constantly while the pudding is cooking over medium heat.
- It will thicken completely in about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and add lemon juice and butter.
- Be sure to pour it through a strainer before serving.
- Let the pudding cool to room temperature.
- Chill, while loosely covered, for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days, or until set and thoroughly chilled. Serve chilled.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 213mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 12g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
This recipe makes 4 regular portions and about 6 smaller cup portions. Don’t forget to save some lemon to cut up and add as a pretty garnish!
Spring Recipe Ideas:
- Sweet Spring Party: Infused Water Bar and DIY
- 20+ Simple Spring Salads
- Cinco De Mayo: Blue Cheese Guacamole Recipe
Hosting a spring graduation party? Make these Graduation Party DIY: Cap Drink Stirrers.
- Top 10 Must-Have Car Accessories For Dogs – Travel Made Easier - May 26, 2023
- What is a next of kin dispute? - May 26, 2023
- Home Renovations Ideas for Every Room of Your House - May 26, 2023