There is nothing like planning a family meal and collaborating over ideas and recipes in the kitchen. Whether it’s a family tradition to cook a certain dish or you are making something new, the holiday season can be a great way to have fun in the kitchen. Since I like to plan easy parties and prepare sweet treats, I knew that re-creating this holiday dip using a family favorite ingredient would be perfect for our next event.
Sweet apple pair with cinnamon and brown sugar to create a savory dip for a cool fall party. Whether it’s a daytime gathering or a nighttime affair, this dip is decadent enough to be a star on the buffet line.
As for the apple pie dip, I knew that this would be a hit! I used a mix of both red and green apples for the dip, and I used cinnamon for extra flavor. But the star of the show? Those pecans! What makes a recipe really come together is the meaning that it develops through the ingredients. Whether it’s your grandmother’s secret spice blend or a hometown favorite, these are the details that can make a recipe stand out. Since this recipe required pecans for a topping, I raided my husband’s special pecan stash.
You see, about a month ago he took a crazy long road trip to see his Royals play in Kansas City. On the way back, he stopped at Rosie’s Truck Stop to say hello. His grandfather frequented the roadside shop, and my husband just remembered the pecans. By adding Georgia pecans with a story to this dip, it instantly became a conversation starter.
After ten minutes in the oven, this bubbly dip was ready to go. I added extra cheese and am happy I did. What a treat! Keep reading for the full recipe!
- 1 tub (8 oz.) reduced-fat cream cheese spread
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 granny smith apple, chopped, divided
- 1/2 red apple, chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped pecans
- WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl until well blended. Stir in half the apples.
- Spread into small casserole dish.
- Top with remaining apples, cheddar, and pecans.
- Bake 10 to 12 min. or until heated through.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 163mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 5g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Do you have a favorite holiday dish or recipe?
Holiday Recipe Ideas:
- Frosted Cranberry Cocktail: Christmas Cocktail Ideas
- Christmas Tree Pancakes
- Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies
- Apple Crescent Recipe
Halloween Decor Guide
Download Shabby Chic Halloween Decor for creative inspiration for your home this fall season. These creative ideas are simple and easy for your busy holiday plans.
- Traveling The World In 2020? Here’s What You Need To Know - August 5, 2020
- Cotton Candy Vodka Cocktail: Ice Cream Cocktail Shake - July 30, 2020
- Travel Safety Tips Post Pandemic - July 30, 2020