There are tons of ideas for Halloween treats, but what about morning meals? Turn your breakfast into a festive occasion with this fun idea for a holiday breakfast.
Green is my favorite color, and these monsters are certainly colorful! With frosting, candy eyes, and mini bagels, this breakfast is easy to re-create. Surprise your own little monsters with this breakfast or make a tray full for a classroom party.
While the bagels are toasting, divide your cream cheese into 2 separate containers. You will add a few drops of green food coloring to one bowl and a few drops of black food coloring to the other bowl to make green and black. You will also make your bagels look a bit more monster-like! Use a straight edge knife to cut the bagel into a more rectangular shape as seen in the photo above.
Top your bagels with the green cream cheese.
Use the black to create Frankenstein’s hair! Scoop the black cream cheese into a sandwich baggie and snip the corner of the bag using a pair of kitchen scissors. Gently squeeze the cream cheese out of the corner of the sandwich baggie giving Frankenstein hair and 2 bolts on either side of his head.
- 1 bag of mini bagels, any brand
- 8 oz container of whipped cream cheese
- green food coloring
- black food coloring
- *Look for the Wilton Halloween set usually sold at Joann Fabrics, it comes with all Halloween colors in one box
- Wilton Halloween Candy Eyes (purchased as Joann Fabrics)
- small sandwich baggie
- kitchen scissors
- Toast the mini bagels and allow to cool a minutes or two.
- While the bagels on toasting, divide your cream cheese into 2 separate containers. Add a few drops of green food coloring to one bowl and a few drops of black food coloring to the other bowl to make green and black. Set aside
- Use a straight edge knife to cut the bagel into a more rectangular shape (see photo)
- Generously spread the green cream cheese over the bagels (see photo).
- Give your Frankenstein 2 eyes.
- Scoop the black cream cheese into the sandwich baggie and snip the corner of the bag using a pair of kitchen scissors. Gently squeeze the cream cheese out of the corner of the sandwich baggie giving Frankenstein hair and 2 bolts on either side of his head (see photo).
- Give him a mouth next.
- Repeat with all bagels.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Do you celebrate Halloween all day? What treats are you creating this October 31st? You might also like Paleo Breakfast Ideas For Halloween.
The Best Halloween Recipes:
Halloween Decor Guide
Download Shabby Chic Halloween Decor for creative inspiration for your home this fall season. These creative ideas are simple and easy for your busy holiday plans.
- How to Make a Mojito: Peach Mojito Cocktail Recipe 🍑 - July 11, 2020
- Yummy Desserts Perfect for Summer - July 8, 2020
- How To Make The Most Of Your Next Holiday Adventure - July 7, 2020