This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #QualityFreshPork #Walmart #CollectiveBias
Bring the flavors of summer home with these easy grilled tropical pork tacos. Made in a hurry featuring your favorite ingredients, they offer a sweet yet spicy taste to your traditional taco recipe. When you’re rushing to get dinner on the table or you need a sweet idea for a summer get together, think affordable ingredients like these pork tacos using Fresh Pork at Walmart.
I grabbed everything from our local Walmart including Fresh Boneless Pork Chops at Walmart. You can find a 100% freshness guarantee which shows that Walmart® stands behind the quality of their meat. They offer a fresh selection and a wide assortment of cuts that are fresh, 100% all natural, and proudly raised in the USA. They know that quality means freshness and variety, so they have collaborated with national brands to ensure their products are all natural and hand selected for quality.
Once I picked out my pork, I grabbed a few other ingredients to complement this dish including fresh pineapple, cilantro, tomatillo sauce, and cheese. Feel free to add tomatoes, sour cream, and your favorite taco toppings. This recipe can be as creative as you’d like and still remain simple.
We used our indoor grill to make it easy for a weekday meal idea, but you can also prepare this on your main grill outdoors if desired.
We grilled the pineapple for a smoky flavor, and we loved how it came out.
We used tortillas and also threw these on the grill. It adds extra flavor fast. Plus, who doesn’t love a warm tortilla?!
When you assemble your taco, don’t forget the tomatillo sauce! I find that this blends the flavor of the pineapple and pork together nicely. It’s sweet yet has a bit of spice that I enjoy.
Ready to cook this for yourself? Follow the recipe below!
- 1 package of Fresh Boneless Pork Chops at Walmart
- 1 cup of chopped pineapple
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup of tomatillo sauce/salsa
- 1 tbsp sour cream per taco
- Your favorite taco toppings if needed (tomatoes, peppers, etc.)
- Heat up your grill.
- Place pork on your grill. Flip after about five minutes.
- Depending on the thickness of the loins used, cooking times may vary. Ensure doneness and check for when the loin is cooked through.
- Add pineapple to the grill for about two minutes on each side to add grill marks.
- Prepare toppings. Chop cilantro and pineapple.
- When the pork is finished, use the grill to toast the tortillas.
- Prepare your tacos with sliced pork, pineapple, cilantro, tomatillo sauce, and cheese.
- Add other toppings as desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 564mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 22g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
They are ready for your next summer meal! I like to add a dollop of sour cream and diced tomatoes as well. I loved how the flavors combined to make this summer dish, and I always use Fresh Pork at Walmart to make meals simple.
What do you like to put on your tacos? Have you ever made pork tacos before?