I spent as much of the weekend outside as possible. I wanted to enjoy brunch on the deck, lunch in the pool, and dinner on the dock. I also wanted to test out my new Mother’s Day present: a shiny new grill! I knew the best way to break it in would be with my favorite spicy shrimp recipe!
I love the taste of sriracha with seafood, so we made a fun marinade for this dish. We also assembled a new grill to cook with. Keep reading for the simple recipe!
While the coals were heating up, I made a simple marinade for the shrimp using soy sauce, key lime juice, and sriracha.
Once you use the recipe below for the marinade, let your shrimp sit in the fridge for at least thirty minutes to give each shrimp a spicy flavor. You will also brush it on while your shrimp skewers are cooking!
We used a pound of shrimp to create six skewers. We seasoned with salt and pepper and then the marinade.
Once the grill is heated up, place your shrimp skewers on them. Brush the marinade over the shrimp every few minutes while turning. Check for doneness and enjoy!
- 1 pound of peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of lime juice
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Combine soy sauce, lime juice, and sriracha into a small bowl. Mix together.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat. Let sit in the fridge for thirty minutes.
- When the grill is heated, add skewers to the grill.
- Use any leftover marinade to coat the shrimp or make more depending on how spicy you like it!
- Check for doneness and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 239mgSodium: 2157mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 27g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
- 6 Tips On How To Make A Meal For Your Loved One - July 16, 2021
- Top 6 Proven Ways To Improve Your Sleeping Quality - July 15, 2021
- Top Non-surgical Skincare Treatment That Will Give You A Flawless Skin - July 15, 2021