There’s nothing better than sitting with your toes in the sand enjoying a lunch while watching the Gulf of Mexico. Since we live in Florida, having a quick lunch on the beach is a highlight of our weekends. While we don’t get to enjoy our favorite beach as often as we would like, we still enjoy our favorite moments at home. We can recreate our favorite fish sandwich at home with Fresh From Florida!
It is important to use local fruits and vegetables in our cooking, and I look for wild caught seafood as well. Florida farmers make it easy for everyone to enjoy fresh produce year-round, and you can Follow the Fresh online. Whether you are looking for shrimp, grouper, or fresh produce, the Fresh From Florida recipe website can give you the inspiration you need to bring Florida flavor into your home.
One of our favorite restaurants offers crispy fish sandwiches piled high with cheese, veggies, and flavorful fish. Using this grouper recipe as an inspiration, we created this fast fish sandwich using our fryer.
We also paired this dish with in-season produce: bell peppers and sweet corn. Bell peppers are one of my favorite snacks, but I also use them on sandwiches and burgers. I picked up all my ingredients at my local grocery store (I shop at Publix and Walmart), and it is easy to find Fresh From Florida options.
- 8 (3-ounce) Florida grouper fillets, sliced thin
- 2 Florida tomatoes, sliced
- 1 package of fish fry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 8 small rolls
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon oil for cooking
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Note: we used our fryer for this, but you can choose to sauté it as well!
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Lightly season the grouper fillets with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Or, if frying, use the fish fry package to coat fish filets in. We added cajun seasoning, paprika, and cayenne pepper to this mixture.
- If cooking in a skillet, put the cooking oil in the preheated pan and carefully add the seasoned fish fillets to the pan.
- Cook fillets for about 2 minutes on each side depending on thickness until golden brown and cooked throughout.
- When filets are done, place on open rolls.
- Assemble sandwiches using bell peppers, mayo, lettuce, tomato and red onion.
- Serve with Fresh From Florida corn on the cobb.
Inspired by Fresh From Florida.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 644mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.