We sit. We sit a lot. Sometimes we can’t avoid it. We manage full-time jobs at an office where we are surrounded by cubicle walls and forget to get up to stretch our legs. Maybe we work through lunch or skip an afternoon break. Over time our bodies begin to feel different. I first notice that my back will start to feel tight, and I get insanely restless! There are a few things you can do if you work at home at a desk all day or work in an office where sitting is kind of what you do.
How to Feel Your Best at a Desk Job
1. Take a break. Make sure that you use your allotted breaks. They’re there for a reason! Take a walk around the building, grab a glass of water, enjoy a snack. I have a watch that alerts me to stand up every hour, and I try really hard to stick to this!
2. Use your earned time off. Some people don’t use their vacation time. It’s crazy! Just like your daily breaks, it’s important to use the benefits that you have earned. Even if you don’t have a fancy vacation in the books, find a way to take a “me” day. It is important for your mental and physical health.
3. Ensure that you are using the “right” office chair. Some chairs don’t work for some people. You don’t have to use a stability ball if you don’t want to, but you should try something that will make sitting all day more bearable. Go chair shopping and test them out! This will help you know what to ask for if you need your office to order you one. Don’t be afraid to ask.
4. Treat your back. I was recently introduced to Biofreeze® products which are a safe and effective pain relief alternative because they are non-systemic, non-narcotic, and contain no NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), salicylates or addictive substances. They do not require a prescription, contain United States Pharmacopeia (USP) grade menthol to provide fast acting pain relief, and are free of parabens and propylene glycol.
Biofreeze® Pain Reliever products are available in both its signature green and colorless (dye-free) formats, are never tested on animals, and are produced in the United States. These products can help the temporary relief of minor aches and pains of muscles and joints. May be associated with:
- Sore Muscles
- Sore Joints
The Pain Relief 360 Spray is easy to take on the go. It goes on easily, and I found it to be great to use after a workout.
Biofreeze® Pain Relief Roll-On is the one I packed in my work tote. It is easily applied when needed, and I found that it dried quickly. Forget the ice bag as these are much more convenient for on-the-go.
4. Work out on your lunch break. Join the sneaker team and bring your casual shoes to work. Take time on your break to work out! Take a walk or find a private place to do a streaming fitness video. Even if you can only squeeze in a workout during the work day a few times a week, it is better than nothing.
5. Track your meals and exercise. A fitness journal is a fun way to monitor your progress. You can also use this fitness plan printable to track your own journey.
Weekly Fitness Plan
Learn more about Biofreeze® and see if it is available near you for purchase at these major retail locations.
How do you feel better at your desk job? What tips do you have for busy working women?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.