Many of us are kicking off the new year with a fresh approach to healthy eating. You may have seen everyone talking about Whole30, Paleo, or clean eating. For me, I like to complete a Whole30 since it has a focus on resetting your body and eating fresh food. Whole30 LOVES eggs for breakfast, and I wanted to stock up on a brand that had values that I am aligned with. I made these simple Whole30 compliant breakfast egg cups with fresh vegetables, and they are perfect for busy mornings on the go!
To elevate your next breakfast, grab eggs and your favorite vegetables. I used spinach, diced red and yellow peppers, and salt and pepper to taste.
Use a non-stick muffin pan and line each cup with a sugar-free bacon slice. To be Whole30 compliant, it is important to read the ingredients of your bacon to make sure it was not cured with sugar! Next, crack open the egg to reveal a bright, golden yolk and gently fill each muffin cup. You can do this two ways: scramble the eggs first in a bowl OR crack them directly into the pan. I made both variations. Sprinkle in diced peppers and spinach. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes and enjoy!
These little bites are the perfect treat for on the go. You can omit the bacon for a meat-free option too.
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices of bacon, sugar-free
- 1/4 spinach, chopped
- 3 small red bell peppers, diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a muffin pan and coat with nonstick spray.
- Line each muffin cup with a slice of bacon.
- Add 1 egg. You can scramble the eggs ahead of time or simply crack one egg in each muffin cup.
- Add spinach and peppers.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 197mgSodium: 271mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
How do you make breakfast on busy mornings?
Looking for another easy egg recipe? Try these ham and cheese egg cups! They’re not Whole30, but they’re delicious.
- How to Have the Perfect Day at EPCOT | Printable EPCOT Planner - February 5, 2023
- Can You Integrate Bicycling Into Your Daily Lifestyle? - February 5, 2023
- How To Make An Attic More Comfortable As A Leisure Room - February 5, 2023