The worst feeling for me used to be when I would rush home after a busy work day to cook dinner for my family. I usually was stressed, had no idea what to cook, and my fridge was almost empty. I used to stop at the grocery store every night on the way home from work which prompted more stress: long lines, a later dinner time, and less time to unwind after a hectic day. When I started meal planning, I noticed that feeling of overwhelm disappearing. It’s amazing what a cohesive meal plan can do for your budget and your productivity! One of the best ways I’ve found for simple meals in thirty minutes or less are these Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking.
I have two fast dinner recipes for you to use in your weekly meal planning along with a coupon to help you save some money. Dinner doesn’t have to feel like a chore when you plan ahead and use shortcuts without sacrificing flavor.
Cheesy Mexican Casserole
Casseroles are great since they usually offer tasty leftovers that are easily reheated. They can be made in a flash with a few steps, and you might have all the ingredients already on hand. For this cheesy combination, I started with Savory Portobello Mushroom from Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking.
I use the soup as one of the layers in this casserole along with ground beef, sour cream, cheese, corn, hot sauce, and tortillas. It’s a simply messy dish that is one of my new favorites. While I frequently use condensed soups in a variety of ways, I have to admit that I just started using it as an ingredient in casseroles. I promise that you’re going to LOVE it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 2 to 3 cups shredded cheese
- 1 carton of Campbell's Savory Portobello Mushroom Soup
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with chiles
- Brown ground beef and drain. Stir in taco seasoning, corn, and diced tomatoes.
- Mix soup and sour cream together in a small bowl.
- Spread half of the soup mixture on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Cut three tortillas and spread them over the sour cream mixture.
- Spread half of the meat, corn, and tomato mixture over the sauce in the casserole dish.
- Add a heaping layer of cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1350Total Fat: 88gSaturated Fat: 44gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 289mgSodium: 1947mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 79g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Your whole family will love this right out of the oven. I usually top my portion with the remainder of the soup mixture and extra cheese. There is plenty for four people, and we even had leftovers. The Campbell’s soup adds excellent flavor as a casserole filler, and the corn is a nice texture.
Want to these yourself in your own simple weeknight meals?
Check out more delicious, easy homemade recipes using Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking! How do you cook with soup?
- How To Properly Shop For Clothes And What You Should Look For - June 23, 2021
- Love Parties? Here’s How To Make Your Own - June 23, 2021
- Taking Proper Care Of Your Teeth Should Be Your Priority: Here’s How - June 23, 2021