While some people may have bucket lists, I have kitchen-related bucket lists. I have a list of kitchen gadgets that I need and recipes that I’m waiting for the right moment to create. Today’s dessert recipes crossed two items off my list: owning a cast-iron skillet and cooking something in it!
I knew I wanted to use Dove Dark Chocolate in my recipe, so I thought to try to create a chocolate chip cookie in a skillet. I’ve seen these floating around before, and I wanted to see what I could whip up. My son’s second birthday is coming up, and if this was a success, I thought it would be fun to bake a few for his party. No store-bought cake this year! I think we found a winner.
Dark chocolate is a personal favorite. So, I went off to find a way to combine a traditional chocolate chip cookie with dark chocolate. I think the results paid off. What do you think?
I started by heading to Target and grabbing a Dodge ten inch cast-iron skillet. I had been wanting one for awhile (and even gifted one to a recently married friend and blogger!), but I hadn’t had the need for one. I picked up a few ingredients (I always seem to need flour and vanilla extract), and headed home to start baking. While the cookie was baking in the oven, I used Dove Dark Chocolate and melted about 15 squares in the microwave. I set it for thirty seconds at a time on medium. Between each microwave buzzer, I stir. The entire process took about two minutes.
Once I removed the cookie from the oven, I was thoroughly pleased with the results. What a fun way to create a warm dessert. Want to make it even better? Add melted Dove Dark Chocolate!
The addition of the melted chocolate made the cookie less boring and more flavorful.
After a few passes of melted chocolate over the cookie, I experimented with a few sprinkles. Because, why not? I wanted to see if this would be special enough for a little boy’s birthday party.
- 3/4 cup of melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of pure vanilla extra
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Dove Dark Chocolate squares, about 12-15
- Mix melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add vanilla and eggs and stir.
- Stir in the baking soda, flour, and salt.
- Sprinkle in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the dough in a lightly buttered cast iron skillet and bake for twenty minutes (or until done) at 350 degrees.
- Melt Dove Dark Chocolate squares in a microwave for about two minutes, stirring every thirty seconds. Do not overcook.
- Use a spoon gently pour melted chocolate over the finished skillet cookie in a design of your choice.
- Cool and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 580Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 3gSugar: 52gProtein: 6g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Don’t overcook it! Look for brown edges, and it’s okay if the middle is soft! It makes for one gooey chocolaty experience. 🙂
What’s your favorite dessert? Do you think these would be a hit at my son’s birthday party?
Check out my other recipes including Dove Dark Chocolate:
- 6 Tips On How To Make A Meal For Your Loved One - July 16, 2021
- Top 6 Proven Ways To Improve Your Sleeping Quality - July 15, 2021
- Top Non-surgical Skincare Treatment That Will Give You A Flawless Skin - July 15, 2021