It’s time to celebrate National Coffee Month! With the kids going back to school this week and an increased workload in my everyday life, coffee is kind of my savior. Between a hot cup of coffee in the morning and an iced brew in the afternoon, I keep my coffee maker busy. Here’s how to turn your home into a coffee shop every morning!
Need a perfect pairing for your cup of coffee? Try these simple cake mix confetti donuts. Using your favorite cake mix flavor, sprinkles, and a donut pan, you can bake a batch of donuts in twenty minutes or less. To get started, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare your donut pan with non-stick cooking spray. Combine the cake mix with water, oil, and egg according to package instructions. Don’t forget to add the sprinkles!
This is when the freezer bag is important. Scoop the batter into the gallon freezer bag. Seal the bag and snip one corner with the kitchen scissors. Gently squeeze the batter into the donut wells, filling each about 3/4 full.
Once your donuts are baked, frost away! This vanilla frosting is ready for sprinkles! Once they have cooled, heat the frosting in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds. You want it soft but not completely melted. Generously frost each donut and then decorate with sprinkles.
- 1 box of white cake mix, any brand
- 1/2 cup sprinkles + extra for decorating the donuts
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- large gallon freezer bag
- kitchen scissors
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray the 6 count donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix with the water, oil and egg.
- Fold the sprinkles into the batter.
- Scoop the batter into the gallon freezer bag. Seal the bag and snip 1 corner with the kitchen scissors.
- Gently squeeze the batter into the donut wells, filling each about 3/4 full (see photo).
- Bake 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Remove the donuts from the donut pan, and repeat the baking process with the rest of the donut batter.
- Once the donuts have cooled, heat the frosting in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds. You want it soft but not completely melted.
- Generously frost each donut and then decorate with sprinkles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 86mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.