This holiday, we have the dilemma of having a lot of family to feed and a busy schedule leading up to hosting the holiday. Whenever you can save time while still impressing your guests with a novel recipe is a win this time of year.
Which is why we are putting a new twist on an old favorite for this holiday dessert. We tweaked one of our easy, no-bake cheesecake bites recipes to take advantage of the sweet creamy taste of NESTLÉ® LA LECHERA® Sweetened Condensed Milk and the tart flavors of fresh cranberries. Cranberries are a staple of most holiday meals this time of year but are usually relegated to sauces and other processed forms because of their inherent tartness. The natural sweetness of LA LECHERA, with its authentic flavors, provides a balance with that acidic tartness of the cranberries to provide a tasty post-meal treat.
Want to try LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk in your holiday recipes? LA LECHERA is available in the Publix baking aisle in 14 oz. cans or 11.8 oz squeeze bottles.
Since the bite-size cheesecakes are portable, they are great for large gatherings where people don’t necessarily all sit down at the same time. Our holiday gatherings tend to be pretty active affairs, with lots of outdoor games and socializing that is never confined to just a single room of our house.
Best of all, these cheesecake bites only need 15 to 20 minutes of prep time. The no-bake recipe means your oven is free to cook other parts of your meal and you can even recruit some of the younger members of the family to help in the preparation process. Our son also likes to help in the kitchen, and because this is a no-bake dessert, he can get his hands messy without the worry of cooking in an oven or on a stove.
For the crust:
- ½ cup graham crackers, crushed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
For the filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter.
- Fill the bottom of baking cups with cracker mixture to create “crust.”
- Finely mince ½ of cranberries. Save the other half for later.
- In separate mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk, minced cranberries and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
- Fill remaining space in baking cups with cream cheese mixture.
- Garnish with a whole cranberry and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Place cups in the refrigerator for two to three hours until filling becomes firm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I am so ready to bring a platter of these to our next holiday shindig! Don’t forget the LA LECHERA – it is so versatile, I know you will find a dish you will want to make with it!
What are your favorite recipes with LA LECHERA? Do you have any family traditions around the holidays?
Christmas Dessert Recipes:
- Do You Have Varicose Veins? Here Are Some Treatment Options - January 18, 2022
- Want To Make Stickers? Here Are Some Useful Tips - January 18, 2022
- Thinking of Switching To A Minimalist Lifestyle in 2022? Here Are Some Tips - January 17, 2022