I had cake pops for lunch. I’m sorry to make your jealous, but I have to be honest. This decadent dessert was kind of my favorite thing I’ve made all week, and I was surprised at just how easy it was to assemble my pops. My son is turning two later this month, so I’m experimenting with the menu. I would love to make my own treats since last year we bought cupcakes. I think now that I’ve conquered cake pops, these are going on the list! Not only can they double as birthday party favors (just wrap in cellophane!), they would be perfect for tiny toddler hands.
Full disclosure: I have a cake pop maker. I hadn’t had a chance to break it in yet, but I’m so glad I used it this week! It was simple to use my Nostalgia Electrics Cake Pop Bakery, and it was a major time saver. Don’t have a cake pop maker? No worries! Use one of these easy cake pop recipes to get you started (Easy cake pops or How to Make Cake Pops), and then come back here to get them frosted! I used Dove Dark Chocolate to dip each cooled cake pop in. I also used an injector to add mint frosting inside. I topped each pop with a few colorful sprinkles, and I enjoyed this delightful dark chocolate dessert!
How To Make Cake Pops
My cake pop factory was an easy set up. I had bamboo sticks, wax paper for cooling, and an injector to help with the mint frosting.
I actually stood some of the cake pop up in a shoebox with holes to dry. This kept my cake pops all pretty. I stuck them in the fridge to dry, and I was quite pleased with the results. Basically, there’s no wrong way to do this! Just bake, frost, cool, and enjoy. Experiment with flavors, sprinkles, or frostings. I’m quite partial to this dark chocolate and mint combination since it reminds me of Thin Mints! Honestly, give it a try!
- 1 box of cake mix (preferably dark chocolate, like this Betty Crocker Super Moist Triple Chocolate Fudge)
- 1 tub of Duncan Hines Frosting Creations
- 1 package of Frosting Creations - Mint Chocolate
- Sprinkles as desired
- Bamboo sticks
- Cupcake frosting injector
- 1 bag of Dove Dark Chocolate
- Prepare cake mix as instructed (either with a cake pop recipe or with a cake pop maker).
- Create mint chocolate frosting as container details.
- Remove wrappers from about 20 Dove dark chocolate pieces. Add chocolate to a bowl and microwave for thirty seconds. Stir.
- Microwave the chocolate again for thirty seconds. Stir. Continue to do this until the chocolate is melted.
- After cake pops are completely cooled, dip one end of a bamboo stick into the frosting.
- Dip cake pop straight into melted Dove dark chocolate. Pull up and let excess drop off.
- Set the cake pop onto wax paper or standing up in a stand.
- Add sprinkles before chocolate completely dries.
- Let cake pops dry completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 357mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 2g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Have you ever made cake pops? What’s your favorite flavor?
Check out my other recipes Dark Chocolate Key Lime Parfait:
Dove Dark Chocolate Key Lime Pie Parfait