Many people think sweet recipes when the spring season hits, but I start to think seafood. Fresh seafood is abundant in my area of Florida, and I try to incorporate whatever is on sale and in season with my weekly menu. From stone crab to snow crab, a seafood salad is a refreshing choice for an afternoon meal.
Seafood Salad Recipes
One of my favorite salads is the always popular taco or southwestern salad. It can be made a variety of ways, but for last night’s dinner I wanted something spicy, zesty, and refreshing. You see, I’ve been having a busy (a.k.a. stressful) time lately. I’ve been feeling under the weather and the stress has amplified my lack of motivation. So, I knew that last night’s meal had to be energizing and delicious. I needed to cook one of my favorites.
Meet the chili lime shrimp salad. I’m pretty sure the last few recipes I created for this blog involved shrimp because I love it that much. I actually crave shrimp for happy hours and weekend meals, and it is so easy to prepare. The varieties are endless, and I never seem to tire of trying new shrimp seasonings or recipes.
It was almost too pretty to eat.
The shrimp, of course, was my favorite. I cooked them in olive oil with lime juice, red pepper flakes, chili powder, garlic, and parsley. Shrimp are easy to prepare, so you can’t really go wrong here. While the shrimp was simmering, I made pico de gallo.
I assembled everything in under fifteen minutes. Pretty impressive for a weeknight dinner!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- A dash of red pepper flakes
- t tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Chili lime shrimp, cooked
- 1 bag of spring mix salad
- pico de gallo
- diced red, yellow, and green bell peppers
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Lime Juice
- Olive Oil
- Prepare peeled and deveined shrimp in a large skillet on medium heat. Season with olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, parsley, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook until opaque, five minutes or so on each side.
- Add spring mix to large bowl and pile high with pico de gallo, diced peppers, cheese, corn, and shrimp.
- Drizzle lime juice and 1 tbsp of olive oil over salad.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 637Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 1279mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 26g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
What’s your favorite spring dish?
Quick Salad Ideas:
- Easy Chickpea & Feta Salad
- Asian Cucumber Salad Recipe
- Mexican Street Corn Salad Recipe
- Ginger Asian Salad
- Studying Abroad: Packing Guide For Students - September 16, 2022
- Quick Anti-Aging Hacks To Win The Race Against Time - September 16, 2022
- Are You Sleeping on The Wrong Mattress? Check Out These 5 Signs to Know - September 16, 2022