You are so going to fall in love with this simple chili cheese bread dip! It’s the kind of appetizer that will wow your party guests, but it’s SO fast to make. You can whip this up in a hurry with just three ingredients. All you need is a fresh loaf of bread, cheese, and chili from Hormel Foods!
When you need a time-saving appetizer idea for a party or get together, grab HORMEL® Chili! There are many things you can do with this product including making a dip, adding it to hot dogs, or using it as a topping on a sandwich. One fun way to use chili is to add it to a crusty bread with cheese. Here’s how to do it:
Buy a fresh loaf of unsliced bread from your local grocery store’s bakery. I used this Italian style bread. Buy a block of your favorite cheese as well. Using the cheese as a guide, carefully cut into the bread with a bread knife. Make it deep enough to fit the cheese inside. I had to trim my cheese block a few times to make it fit in nicely.
Once you have the cheese wedged into the bread, cut into the cheese as well. You’re going to make a long hole that you will fill with Hormel® Chili. Wrap completely in foil, bake for 20 minutes at 450 degrees, and enjoy!
Hormel® Chili is America’s #1 selling chili offers a variety of flavors – the most popular flavors being no beans & with beans. It’s the perfect way to enjoy this dip! I used the version with no beans, and the combination was flavorful. To add extra spice, top with jalapeños, chili powder, or cumin.
- 1 loaf of unsliced crusty bread (look in your local bakery for a piece of bread that is long and wide enough to fit a block of cheese)
- 1 block of cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 can of chili
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Take the loaf of bread and use a bread knife to carefully cut a hole large enough to fit the cheese inside. Use the cheese as a guide to create a big enough hole.
- Place the cheese in the bread. It should be a snug fit.
- Use a knife to cut a long hole inside the cheese.
- You're going to make a long hole that you will fill with Hormel® Chili.
- Spoon chili into the hole until full.
- Wrap completely in foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 450 degrees, and enjoy!
- If cheese isn't heated all the way through, pop into the microwave for a few additional seconds.
- Season with cumin, chili powder, or even sliced jalapeños for an extra kick!
- Use the leftover bread to dip!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 689Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 1496mgCarbohydrates: 104gFiber: 6gSugar: 12gProtein: 28g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Don’t be afraid to get messy. That’s the best way to enjoy this recipe!
How do you like your chili?