The best backyard BBQs feature a sweet drink and a buffet of hand-held snacks. We recently hosted an outdoor party, and I wanted to make my standard sangria. However, I had some new inspiration. Since cherries are in season right now, I knew I could make a shareable cocktail with a twist. Using mike’s hard lemonade as a base, I stirred together the most delicious beverage all summer.
To get started, buy a bag of cherries. Let them soak overnight in your favorite liquor—preferable bourbon or whiskey. Once they have absorbed some liquor, you can begin assembling your party pitcher! I use fresh lemons and additional cherries for garnish, and I also created a fruit punch as a mixer.
Traditionally sangria is made with red wine, but the mike’s black cherry hard lemonade was such a unique choice for this drink! Paired with fruit punch and fresh fruit, it was fizzy perfection.
- 1 part fruit punch (I used a refrigerated juice)
- 1 part mike’s hard black berry lemonade
- 1 pound of cherries
- 6 ounces of whiskey or bourbon
- 6 lemons, sliced
- The night before your party, let cherries soak in liquor in a large bowl.
- The next morning, combine fruit punch and mike’s black cherry lemonade.
- Stir in cherries and sliced lemons.
- Let the flavors combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1104Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 171gFiber: 24gSugar: 120gProtein: 11g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
One of my favorite tips for serving drinks at parties is to prepare them in mason jars. This way you can either seal them for later or pre-make the drinks ahead of time! You can essentially bottle and pass these out to your party guests as they arrive.
How do you celebrate summer? Are you planning a Labor Day party?
Sangria Recipe Ideas:
- Summer Sangria Recipes: 20+ Recipes to Try
- Sangria Jello Shots
- Easy Summer Strawberry Mango Sangria Recipe
- Cotton Candy Vodka Cocktail: Ice Cream Cocktail Shake - July 30, 2020
- Birthday In Lockdown? These Tips Can Ensure Success! - July 27, 2020
- How to Make Skittles Vodka: Skittles Vodka Lemonade Cocktail Recipe - July 26, 2020