A few weeks ago I shared a recipe for a super refreshing watermelon and pineapple cocktail. While we were mixing and matching fresh fruit and rum, we tried a melon mojito. Specifically, a cantaloupe mojito! I had seen a few recipes online that included simple syrup, rum, and one even had maple syrup. I definitely wasn’t in the mood to make simple syrup (We were lounging poolside!), and I’m not quite sure why I would add syrup to a cocktail. So, we came up with the lazy girl’s cantaloupe mojito. One sweet and simple drink to enjoy this summer!
I even bought a new muddler for the occasion. Sure, you can use the bottom of a spoon, but something is more fun about having a legitimate muddler. I hadn’t owned one before, so now I’m all ready to make mojitos!
There is something about a mojito that reminds me of good memories. Some of my best memories are highlighted by fruity cocktails. I suppose that’s not a bad thing.
Club soda adds just the right amount of fizz while the sugar sweetens this up perfectly.
- 2-3 cantaloupe chunks
- Lime juice
- Captain Morgan White Rum (or other light rum)
- Club soda
- Turbinado sugar
- 5 mint leaves
- Muddle the cantaloupe and mint at the bottom of a cocktail glass.
- Add ice, 2 oz of rum, and 1 tsp of sugar.
- Pour in 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- Top with club soda.
- Add a striped straw and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 811Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 286mgCarbohydrates: 148gFiber: 19gSugar: 135gProtein: 16g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Do you enjoy mojitos?
Easy Mojito Recipes:
- 5 underground steps towards increasing your property’s worth and use - September 25, 2023
- How to Choose the Perfect Frame for Your Face Shape - September 25, 2023
- Why an HR Department Should Be an Integral Part of Your Business - September 25, 2023