Beef Kabob Bowls
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ChooseMazola #CollectiveBias
There’s more than one way to cook a kabob. We love creating kabobs since you can mix and match your favorite vegetables and protein to create a delicious dish. To upgrade a traditional kabob, we used Mazola® Corn Oil to make a marinade and paired with bowls full of vegetables. Since September is National Cholesterol Awareness month, this is an awesome time to learn more about corn oil and its benefits. And, since a clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil, corn oil is a staple that you need for your pantry. To learn more about this claim, see Mazola.com.
Mazola Corn Oil is an all-purpose, cholesterol free cooking oil that is a smart heart-healthy* choice for your family. *See Mazola.com for more information on the relationship between corn oil and heart health. It has a variety of uses including baking, grilling, sautéing, stir frying, or mixing up a marinade or dressing.
To upgrade a traditional Mexican bowl, I made some health-friendly ingredient swaps. Reduce saturated fats and cholesterol in your meals easily with simple swaps, such as substituting butter with Mazola Corn Oil. I used Mazola Corn Oil in place of butter and other oils. I used brown rice instead of white rice, Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and vegetable options instead of cheese and other traditional taco toppings. Trust me, with all these vegetables, you won’t need anything else but what you see here!
To make a kabob, we used tomatoes, peppers, onions, green peppers, red peppers, and a thick cut of beef. You may also like potatoes or eggplant on your kabob. The more vegetables, the better!
Create a marinade with Mazola Corn Oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, parsley, salt, and cilantro. Marinade the kabobs in this before you broil them.
Mexican Beef Kabob Bowl Recipe
- 1 pound of beef (you can use your favorite cut, we enjoy flank steak or a thick steak)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1 cup of Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 package of brown rice
- 1 zucchini
- To prepare your kabobs ahead of time, use bamboo skewers. Cut the beef into large chunks. Chop peppers, onions, and tomatoes. Assemble by sliding beef and vegetables in an alternating pattern onto the kabob.
- Prepare the marinade by combining corn oil, garlic, cilantro, parsley, and red pepper flakes.
- With a brush, coat the kabobs.
- Heat oven and use the broil setting.
- Broil for fifteen minutes or until at desired doneness.
- While the kabobs are cooking, prepare brown rice according to package instructions. We love to use our rice cooker since it cooks quickly!
- As a bonus, we spiralized a zucchini for an additional bowl option.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 899Total Fat: 78gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 56gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 17gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 33g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
When your kabobs are cooked, assemble your perfect bowl. Which will you choose? Brown rice or zucchini? Or, how about both?!
This bowl is perfect for busy nights since it truly is EASY. When you have leftover vegetables in your kitchen that need to be used, consider kabobs. Skewer up your favorites for a better-for-you meal idea.
The marinade makes these kabobs stand out. The flavor from the seasonings paired with Mazola Corn Oil upgrade this dish.
What do you like to serve with vegetables?
Simple Meal Ideas
Free Meal Plan Ideas
Looking for an easy free meal plan?! I have you covered. Here’s a sample of what meal plans you can expect if your sign up for my email list.
- Monday: Fast Sliders
- Tuesday: Ahi Tuna Ceviche
- Wednesday: Beef Kabob Bowls
- Thursday: English Muffin Pizzas
- Friday: Salsa Chicken Quesadillas
- Breakfast: Fast Fritattas