Have you had a dish on vacation that inspired you to go home and recreate it? Sometimes I have that feeling, and I know I must race to the grocery store so I don’t forget the flavor of the meal! I recently went to Disney World and had poutine from a Canadian steakhouse at Epcot. I had never had poutine before, and I wasn’t sure what to expect. I basically knew that it was “french fries” with lots of toppings. From bacon to cheese, it sounded like my favorite new snack!
While I was traveling, I made sure to take note of the dish on my phone and share photos of it.
When I wanted to create a simple snack for my family, I remembered my poutine photos. I wrote down the ingredients in the dish, and I got to work on recreating my new favorite food. I’ve always been a fan of potatoes, but it certainly is something else when you smother french fries in cheese, tomatoes, and bacon!
You can use packaged ingredients like frozen potatoes or a can of diced tomatoes to save you time, or you can create your own!
- 1 bag of frozen potatoes, shoestring
- 1 bag of shredded cheese, Mexican style
- 1 bag of bacon bits (or create your own beforehand)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, drained
- Prepare potatoes according to package instructions.
- About five minutes before the potatoes are done, take out of the oven. Cover in shredded cheese as desired.
- Place back in the oven and watch carefully.
- When the cheese is melted and the potatoes are done, remove from the oven. Let cool.
- Top with bacon bits and half a can of diced tomatoes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 185mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Have you ever had poutine?
Travel Inspired Recipes:
- Why DNA Tests Are Important - October 25, 2021
- The Right Way to Clean Your Bathroom – A Simple Guide - October 25, 2021
- Car vs Truck Accident: What Are The Major Differences Between Them - October 24, 2021