Need to feed a large crowd in a hurry? Break out the air fryer and get cooking! When family comes to visit during the holiday season, sometimes you just need appetizers for a group that can please everyone. We wanted to try our own spin on taquitos, so we came up with a way to prepare them in an air fryer. All the crispiness of your favorite taquito recipe with none of the extra grease from a traditional fryer!
Looking for a meatless air fryer taquito recipe? Try this air fryer cheese taquito recipe!
We picked up our ingredients, including Real California Milk dairy products, at our local Publix. Queso Fresco made this meal SHINE! We also purchased mozzarella and sharp cheddar. Extra cheesy taquitos with our favorite cheeses… yum! I found both items near the Hispanic dairy items, and it is a much welcome addition to this dish.
How to Make Air Fryer Taquitos
The Best Air Fryers
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 18-24 soft corn tortillas
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese sharp cheddar, grated
- 1/2 cup Queso Fresco cheese
- 1 package of mozzarella cheese, sliced/chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Sour Cream
- In a medium pan, brown ground beef with taco seasoning, garlic, and red pepper.
- Assemble taquitos by placing beef, cheese, and cilantro into tortillas and wrapping tightly. Each taquito should be about the size of a large cigar.
- In air fryer, cook for 10 minutes at 360 degrees.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa as a dipping sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1013Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 189mgSodium: 1354mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 10gSugar: 3gProtein: 61g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
If you’re ready to elevate your holiday meals, try adding Hispanic flavors to your classic traditions. Or, create something new! We had no idea that our air fryer would work so well, and we want to spread the word! Pairing queso fresco, cheddar, mozzarella, and sour cream from Real California Milk dairy products gave our tired recipe new life.
- Summer Recipes: Spicy Shrimp Nachos
- Layered Taco Dip Cups Recipe
- Grilled Tropical Pork Tacos: Pineapple Pork Taco Recipe