Have you been landlocked inland for too long and are craving beautiful views of the Florida coastline? Do your daydreams consist of looking over the bow of a luxury yacht to deep turquoise waters? With marine tourism being a major part of the local economy, southern Florida provides near limitless opportunities to turn those thoughts into reality.
A View From the Water
From Palm Beach, down the Intracoastal Waterway, to Miami Beach and Biscayne Bay, the sightseeing options by boat are as expansive as they are breathtaking. Below are details on some favorites to approach by yacht. At some, you can anchor offshore and visit by beach while others may warrant finding a slip and adventuring out on foot.
- Palm Beach – At the northern end of the Gold Coast, this town is one of the wealthiest enclaves in the country. Cruise past the mansions, or anchor near one of the local sandbars and snorkel with plentiful marine life.
- Downtown Miami – A jaunt down the Intracoastal Waterway will lead you towards this bustling city center. Often confused with Miami Beach, the city of Miami sits on the mainland and is accessible by yacht between the two bridges connecting it to the barrier islands. You can cruise past the cruise ship terminals and into the Miami River, where you can see one of the most diverse cities in the country up close. At the mouth of the river is Brickell Key, a triangular spit of land with towering luxury condominiums.
- South Beach – No trip to the area would be complete without a visit to this Miami Beach staple. Located at the tip of the barrier island, it provides the pulse of the region. View the scenes from afar, or dock at Miami Beach Marina and walk to the heart of it all.
- Keys of Miami – Though not part of the well-known Florida Keys, Key Biscayne and Virginia Key still offer gorgeous panoramas of the Biscayne Bay area. Located next to each other a few miles from the city center, there are lush parks, white sand beaches, a lighthouse and a variety of wildlife to observe.
Navigating Your Way
While charters and day trips are a great way to get a taste for all that the Florida coast has to offer, maybe your idea of true bliss is to be free of schedules and itineraries. Tropical Boat yacht rentals can satisfy your need for a unique experience by providing a bareboat vessel for your use. In this arrangement, you are the captain and make the decisions on where to go and how long to linger. Want to take in every local hot spot from the comfort of your own boat? Maybe instead you long for the perfect expanse of open water to quietly lounge in the sun’s rays. The options are chosen by you.
Plan for Memories
Exploring some of Florida’s most pristine waters and top landmarks by sea can fulfill a lifelong dream! Take the time to plan your tropical excursion to ensure your memories will last long after you’ve returned to land.
- When to Hire a Probate Lawyer - February 25, 2020
- 5 Things to Try to Completely Change Your Perspective on Life - February 25, 2020
- Celebrating Childcare With Community-Building Events - February 24, 2020