A sweet upgrade to a vodka cranberry cocktail!
- 12 oz. package of cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup water
- Handful of ice
- ½ cup cranberries (you can use regular or the sugared inside the drink, too!)
- 1 ½ oz. vodka
- ¾ cup cranberry juice
- Sugared cranberries for garnish
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a shallow pan, add ½ cup sugar and ½ cup water.
- Heat over medium heat, until mixture simmers and sugar is heated and dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, add cranberries.
- Stir to coat cranberries. Use a slotted spoon to drain the excess sugar mixture off the cranberries, and layer them evenly on the parchment paper.
- Give the cranberries an hour or so to dry.
- Once dry, in a medium-sized bowl, add remaining 1 ½ cups of sugar.
- Add a spoonful of cranberries at a time, tossing them in the sugar.
- Using a slotted spoon again, sift them from the sugar and put them onto a fresh sheet of parchment paper.
- Add ice and cranberries to your glass.
- Add vodka and cranberry juice, and give the drink a gentle stir.
- Garnish with sugared cranberries.