This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TasteIt2BelieveIt #MorningStarFarms #CollectiveBias
We try to go meatless once a week to help ease the burden of meal planning and to provide variety in our weekly dinners. Sometimes you never know where the week will go, so we like to have easy options available without a lot of prep work! I usually keepMorningStar Farms® products in our freezer since they are fast and help reduce the amount of meat in our diet. If you want to go Meatless on Mondays (like we did!), here is a quick way to do it.
Since we are both busy working parents, we have to try to find ways to discover more time in our day. When Walmart offered Online Grocery Pickup, we knew this would be a simple solution for those busy evenings. Instead of having to brave the aisles with everyone else as they get off of work for the day, we can simply shop online and pick up on our way home.
I looked for MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles which came in a value pack (more product for a good price!). It is vegan and has no artificial colors of flavors. If you haven’t triedMorningStar Farms® before, they are for everyone! They are an “as is” meal solution or you can include them in some of your family’s favorite dinner ideas like pastas, casseroles, or in these sausage nachos!
The star of the show was the chorizo sausage crumbles. These are so versatile! You can add them to anything, and they were easy to prepare.
My favorite part about making nachos is the layers. Start with your base (tortilla chips) and layer your desired ingredients. I like nachos that are filling without a lot of fluff, so I add rice, beans, corn, and fresh pico de gallo.
If you want cheesy nachos, I stick to classic shredded taco cheese melted in the oven atop a pile of chips. I don’t like to use queso.
Ready to create your own Meatless Monday nacho recipe?
- MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles
- 1 cup of shredded Mexican style cheese
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1 package of rice
- 1 container of your favorite salsa or pico de gallo
- Before baking these nachos, prepare MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles according to package instructions.
- Prepare white rice according to package instructions.
- Pile a baking pan with tortilla chips.
- Add shredded cheese as desired.
- Top with rice, beans, and chorizo crumbles.
- Bake in the oven for five minutes to melt the cheese and let the ingredients come together.
- After taking out of the oven, add pico de gallo, sour cream, and cilantro.
It is a fun idea for a tailgate, a regular ol’ weekday snack, or even a weekend meal.
What are your favorite meatless dishes?
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Red Carpet Beauty Must-Haves | Award Show Printables - February 20, 2019
- OREO Stuf Inside: Try New Flavors at Walmart - February 18, 2019
- Things To Consider When Going Back To Work After Having A Baby - February 18, 2019