This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Mazola® Corn Oil. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItMazola #simpleswap #CollectiveBias
One of my favorite ways to use up the produce in our kitchen is with a simple stir fry. If you’re planning a party or a family dinner, consider setting up a stir fry bar using all of your favorite vegetables, spices, and flavorful meats. For a recent Sunday dinner with family, I knew it would be a lot of fun to create our own stir fry bar. Bringing restaurant flavor (and service! ha!) to our home was a unique way to spend time together as a family. Plus, we had leftovers for days! The star of the show, Mazola® Corn Oil, helped us prepare this dish. A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, see MAZOLA.com. Are you ready to get cookin’?
o prepare our rainbow stir fry bar, I picked up everything I needed including Mazola Corn Oil. I looked for colorful vegetables like snap peas, broccoli, red onions, zucchini, red, yellow, and orange peppers, and carrots. Do you remember Roy G. Biv? I certainly do! I used a platter to display our vegetables in a colorful arrangement along with cooked chicken–our protein of choice for this meal idea.
We piled bowls high with turmeric rice (instead of white rice!) since it flavorful with added health benefits. We used our chicken seasoned with teriyaki (we used a no sugar version for a better-for-you option), and we finished off our stir fry bowls with a rainbow of veggies!
To get started with this rainbow stir fry, swap your regular cooking oil for Mazola Corn Oil. It’s an all-purpose cooking oil that is a smart heart-healthy choice for your family. You can use it in baking, grilling, stir-fry, or mixing it up into a marinade or even a dressing. The possibilities are endless! Since corn oil has a neutral taste, it lets the flavor of your recipes stand out! Plus, Mazola has a smoke point higher than most cooking oils at 450°F so it performs well no matter how you are cooking!
Here’s how to prepare this dish in a hurry:
- 2 lbs chicken
- Vegetables as desired (we used a head of cauliflower, a package of red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, a head of broccoli, snap peas, carrots, a chopped red onion, and a chopped zucchini)
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 3 tbsp teriyaki
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- Mix oil, teriyaki sauce (look for a no sugar option), pepper and garlic in small mixing bowl.
- In wok pan over medium-high heat, add chicken and vegetables.
- Drizzle oil mixture over contents of wok.
- Stir fry until chicken is fully cooked and vegetables are at desired level of crispness.
- Serve over bed of turmeric rice (instead of white rice) or "zoodles" instead of noodles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 853 Total Fat: 58g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 41g Cholesterol: 213mg Sodium: 720mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 11g Protein: 60g
What vegetables would you use in a rainbow stir fry? What’s your favorite way to cook with corn oil?
Stir Fry Recipes:
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- 10 Simple Organization Solutions for a Stress-Free Home - January 17, 2020
- 10 Uses for Patchouli Oil - January 16, 2020
- Preparing for Eyelash Extensions - January 10, 2020