Thank you Idaho Spuds for sponsoring this post. VeggieMash mashed potatoes are a blend of 100% Idaho® grown potatoes and real vegetables for a new take on a family favorite!
With school back in session, I’m trying to effortlessly meal plan so that my busy weeks feel simpler. It’s never that easy though. Something will come up like an unexpected night out running errands, a husband who misses dinner due to work, or a work call that has gone on for too long. I like to stock my pantry with quick ways to make our meals shine, and it would be nice if they had some veggies too. ;)
Click above to shop this image!
We were able to try Idaho Spuds VeggieMash, and it has made dinnertime a LOT easier on busy days. Plus, my little dude is eating more veggies without even knowing it! We liked the broccoli and cheddar flavor.
All Idaho Spuds products start with 100% Idaho® Potatoes, and yes, VeggieMash is made with REAL vegetables! Easy to make and serve, we paired them with a quick flank steak and our favorite vegetables.
Quick flank steak! Serve with VeggieMash. Garnish with diced tomatoes, peppers, and corn.
2 – 8-10 oz. flank steaks
1/2 cup mojo marinade
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Marinade steaks in mojo, crushed pepper and garlic for 1-2 hours
- Over high heat on grill, sear steak for one minute on each side
- Remove from direct heat and cook for 4-6 minutes or until desired internal temperature is reached
- In small mixing bowl, combine dressing, juice and cayenne
- Drizzle dressing over steak before serving.
We like to spice things up when we serve quick meals, so pairing vegetables like corn with spicy diced peppers add extra flavor. We also use simple to make sauces like chili-lime ranch as a dressing. You can make your own dressings and marinades by combining a few of your favorite pantry sauces with seasonings.
The creamy VeggieMash made for a fast side dish for our meal, and we have already tried it in other meals as well.
Want to try this for yourself? Enter to win an assortment of Idaho Spuds VeggieMash product!
Giveaway dates: August 20, 2018 through September 9, 2018. Winners will be randomly selected and notified by September 9, 2018.
How do you eat more vegetables with your family? Do you enjoy mashed potatoes?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Spring Cleaning Planner
Clean and get organized! Download your free spring cleaning printable planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Backup Your Travel Photos (and save yourself from a “no space left” cell phone message!) - September 20, 2018
- Cinnamon Sugar Brownies | Special Delivery from Taste of Home - September 19, 2018
- Frozen Coffee Recipe - September 18, 2018