The sweetest personalized Father’s Day gift yet!
There’s more than one way to celebrate dad, but this one involves candy so it’s already a win. If you have a dad to surprise who enjoys late night sweets while watching Netflix before bed…you’re in luck! This idea is easy, affordable, and totally personalized!
There are a few ways you can do this, but you know your dad/husband/neighbor/friend better than I do so use your best judgement! You can raid the Dollar Tree‘s candy aisle (which has amazing choices, btw!) or order a few items on Amazon Prime.
Candy Gift Ideas
You will also need a clear plastic tackle storage box with dividers. You might be able to score this at Dollar Tree too, or you can find it online or at Walmart.
As for candy, look for nautical themed treats like gummy worms, sharks, and fish. Lifesavers and small gumballs in red and white look like bobbers (your fisherman should pick up on that!).
Don’t forget the personalized message. Use white cardstock, markers, and tape to get creative. If you want to use this free Father’s Day printable to help you get started, you can download it below!
This frugal Father’s Day gift idea is simple yet meaningful. Surprise your favorite father with a few sweet treats. Maybe, if you’re lucky, he will share! 😉
- 1 Small Clear Plastic Tackle Storage Box w/dividers
- Candy—Gummy Worms, Sharks, and Fish
- Candy—Lifesavers and Small Gumballs (only red & white to look like bobbers)
- Piece of White Cardstock
- Tape or Glue stick
- Use the dividers to make separate compartments in the tackle box. Make them different sizes to fit the different size candy.
- Fill each compartment with the different candies so it looks like a real tackle in a box.
- Cut the white cardstock to fit on the inside lid of the tackle box.
- Use the markers to write “Happy Father’s Day to our Favorite Catch”.
- Glue or tape the cardstock to the inside lid of the tackle box.
- Optional step: you can decorate the outside of the box as well.