It’s time to celebrate the upcoming release of Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Endgame”! I’ll be sharing sweet treats and family-friendly ideas to bring Marvel into your home. Let’s get started with these Iron Man Superhero Cupcakes!
Avengers Endgame Recipes
If you need Avengers party ideas or want to bake up a batch of superhero cupcakes, the key will be this AMAZING silicon mold. We are going to use this mold in a few recipes (including one for superhero soap!) this week, so it is a MUST buy.
Here are a few other cupcake baking ingredients that you will need to complete this project:
We used cake mix to make these cupcakes, and the red cupcake comes from red gel food coloring.
To prepare the candy topper, use the silicon mold with melted Wilton yellow candy melts.
You might want to have two molds to prepare a larger batch of Iron Man candy toppers at a time.
Once frosted you can carefully place a candy Iron Man topper to each cupcake.
Simple, frugal, and a LOT of fun! These personalized cupcakes will add flair to your Avengers party, your next Marvel movie night, or just for a Sunday Funday!
- 1 box of white cake mix, any brand
- 1 1/4 C. water
- 1/2 C. vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- Cupcake liners
- Red gel food coloring
- White frosting, any brand
- 12 oz package of Wilton yellow candy melts
- Wilton 1M star frosting tip
- Disposable piping bag
- Avengers silicone mold (I suggest purchasing 2 in order to cut down on the candy making time)
- 12 count muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place the cupcake liners into the muffin wells.
- Combine the cake mix, water, vegetable oil and egg whites mixing well.
- Add in the several drops of the red gel food coloring and stir to combine.
- Fill each cupcake well about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick into the cupcakes around 18 minutes. If it comes out clean the cupcakes are done.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool.
- Pour the Wilton yellow candy melts into a microwave safe dish.
- Heat in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Carefully spoon the melted chocolate into the Iron Man section of the mold.
- Place in the fridge to set about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and gently pop the fists out of the silicone mold. Repeat this process until you have 16 Iron Man heads total (you might want to purchase 2 molds for this purpose).
- Add a few drops of red food coloring to the white frosting and stir to combine.
- Attach the star frosting tip to the disposable piping bag and fill with red frosting.
- Gently squeeze the frosting from the bag and onto the top of the cupcake in a circular motion.
- Place an Iron Man candy on top.
- Repeat with all cupcakes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 697Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 464mgCarbohydrates: 99gFiber: 1gSugar: 62gProtein: 7g