It’s time to celebrate the upcoming release of Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Infinity War”! I’ll be sharing sweet treats and family-friendly ideas to bring Marvel into your home. Let’s get started with these Captain America Superhero Cupcakes!
If you need Avengers party ideas or want to bake up a batch of superhero cupcakes, the key will be this AMAZING silicon mold. We are going to use this mold in a few recipes (including one for superhero soap!) this week, so it is a MUST buy.
Here are a few other cupcake baking ingredients that you will need to complete this project:
- Marvel Avengers Silicone Mold
- Wilton Red Candy Melts
- Wilton Star Frosting Tip
- Disposable Piping Bags
- Gel Food Coloring
- White Cupcake Liners
- Cupcake Tin
We used cake mix to make these cupcakes, and the blue cupcake comes from blue gel food coloring.
To prepare the candy topper, use the silicon mold with melted Wilton yellow candy melts.
You might want to have two molds to prepare a larger batch of Captain America candy toppers at a time.
Once frosted you can carefully place a candy Iron Man topper to each cupcake.
Simple, frugal, and a LOT of fun! These personalized cupcakes will add flair to your Avengers party, your next Marvel movie night, or just for a Sunday Funday!
Superhero Cupcakes: Captain America
Get ready for a MARVEL-ous party! These Iron Man cupcakes are cute and delicious!
- Yield: Approximately 16 cupcakes.
- 1 box of white cake mix, any brand
- 1 1/4 C. water
- 1/2 C. vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- Cupcake liners
- Blue gel food coloring
- White frosting, any brand
- 12 oz package of Wilton red candy melts
- Wilton 1M star frosting tip
- Disposable piping bag
- Avengers silicone mold (I suggest purchasing 2 in order to cut down on the candy making time)
- 12 count muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place the cupcake liners into the muffin wells.
- Combine the cake mix, water, vegetable oil and egg whites mixing well.
- Add in the several drops of the red gel food coloring and stir to combine.
- Fill each cupcake well about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick into the cupcakes around 18 minutes. If it comes out clean the cupcakes are done.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool.
- Pour the Wilton yellow candy melts into a microwave safe dish.
- Heat in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Carefully spoon the melted chocolate into the Iron Man section of the mold.
- Place in the fridge to set about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and gently pop the fists out of the silicone mold. Repeat this process until you have 16 Iron Man heads total (you might want to purchase 2 molds for this purpose).
- Add a few drops of red food coloring to the white frosting and stir to combine.
- Attach the star frosting tip to the disposable piping bag and fill with red frosting.
- Gently squeeze the frosting from the bag and onto the top of the cupcake in a circular motion.
- Place an Iron Man candy on top.
- Repeat with all cupcakes.
Want more Infinity War inspiration?
- Like AVENGERS on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/avengers
- Follow AVENGERS on Twitter: https://twitter.com/avengers
- Follow AVENGERS on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/avengers/
- Visit the official AVENGERS website here: http://marvel.com/avengers
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR is now playing in theatres everywhere!
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Red Carpet Beauty Must-Haves | Award Show Printables - February 20, 2019
- OREO Stuf Inside: Try New Flavors at Walmart - February 18, 2019
- Things To Consider When Going Back To Work After Having A Baby - February 18, 2019