The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free
It seems lately that we have been doing more and more of our blogging from the road, and while the chance to travel has given us opportunities to explore new places, it also means that we don’t always have the comforts of our home office to turn those adventures into publishable content.
Which is why we depend on our new Google Pixelbook when we are on the road. It is small and lightweight — just 10.3mm, Pixelbook is Google’s thinnest laptop ever, with a lightweight aluminum construction — which makes it ideal for travel. The fast-charging battery gives you up to ten hours of go from a single charge, which means we can take it just about anywhere without needing to be near an electrical outlet.
The powerful processor enables you to edit photos or videos from anywhere and with the 360° touchscreen and versatile 4-in-1 design, editing is a breeze. With the optional Pixelbook Pen stylus tool, you can even use it as a notebook and handwrite your stories as you go, wherever you might be.
With GSuite apps, you can automatically back up to your device and alternate seamlessly between workstations. It’s the first laptop with the Google Assistant built in and With Chrome OS, you’ll always have the latest security and features with software that automatically updates in the background.
Now that you have a dependable computer to take along on your travel blogging adventures, here are a few more items that should always be a part of your mobile content studio.
- Spare memory cards: Whether it is for a blog or just for our own memories, we tend to take a lot of photos and video, which can fill up an SD card pretty quickly, especially when taking high-definition video. Always keep a few spares so you won’t be scrambling to clear room on a card while you are out “in the field.” Also, if your camera uses microSD format, make sure you have an adapter so that you can transfer photo and video files to your computer with ease.
- Extra batteries: You never know when that perfect moment is going to appear so it helps to always have your camera at the ready for when it does. Unfortunately, this can mean leaving your camera on at all times. Having a spare battery that you can swap out when you need it is a much better option than having to stow your gear until you can get back to a place where you can charge it. You never know what you might miss.
- Lens cleaners: Rain, dirt, splash damage from a theme park’s flume ride. All of these things can foul up a lens and leave your photos with cloudy splotches in key parts of the frame. Never use clothing or harsh materials that can scratch fragile lenses. Not to mention if your camera is wet, you probably are as well. Always keep a dry microfiber cloth handy to make sure none of your otherwise perfect photos is ruined by a water spot.
- Gear bag: One of the things that we have found when creating content on the go is that it can be tough to carry everything you need with you. After dealing with overflowing purses and stuffed pockets, we finally found a travel bag that can hold everything safely and securely in one place.
To help you get your mobile content creation studio off the ground, Google is offering a chance to save $100 off the cost of a new Pixelbook. Click here to find out how to take your blog anywhere you want to go. From its ultra-thin design to its collection of apps, Pixelbook is beautifully versatile and effortlessly adapts to your lifestyle.
Pixelbook Pen is sold as a separate accessory, subject to availability. Accessible offline through Drive when enabled in Drive settings. Auto-updates and auto-backup require an internet connection. Battery performance is based on a mix of standby, web browsing and other use. Charging time requires a battery to be at least 5% charged, the device to be inactive, and use of included charger. Actual results may vary. Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of the Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Spring Cleaning Planner
Clean and get organized! Download your free spring cleaning printable planner.
Latest posts by J. Scott Butherus (see all)
- Fried Snapper Recipe | Fresh Fish Ideas - May 29, 2018
- Black Panther Now on DVD: Eight helpful household hacks for Wakandan vibranium - May 15, 2018
- Build the Force at Star Wars LEGOLAND Florida - May 8, 2018