This post is sponsored by Udi’s Gluten Free. All comments and opinions are my own.
One of my favorite sandwiches is something that I first discovered in Key West. Growing up in Florida, we tried to hit the Florida Keys every so often. When I met my husband, it became a yearly tradition. I would always request that we stop at a tiny outdoor restaurant on Duval Street, and I would order the same thing every time: a shrimp BLT. It’s a pretty normal sandwich recipe, HOWEVER, the combination of fresh Florida shrimp and homemade mayonnaise made the flavor combination above average. I’ve been eating more gluten free options as I am noticing I feel better without it, and I was thrilled to find the NEW Udi’s® Delicious White Bread at my local Publix. Talk about a sandwich upgrade!
Udi’s is a game changer for your recipes as it is the ONLY gluten free bread that delivers a wholesome and delicious taste with a soft texture. It is JUST the right size too. It is certified gluten free, dairy and nut free, and has other vitamins and minerals. With a 30% larger size slice, it mirrors a conventional sandwich bread!
I found it in the frozen/gluten free section at my local Publix. I like that it is frozen since I feel like it lasts a lot longer.
During the month of March, NEW Udi’s Delicious Bread products will be on the shelf AND on sale! There will be a coupon located at the shelf for $1 off Udi’s Gluten Free Bread in stores from February 26th to March 28th (while supplies last).
If you want to create your very own gluten free sandwich, here is one to try! This shrimp BLT features Florida shrimp, sugar-free bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes. Pair it with your favorite gluten free condiments (I like mayonnaise), and you have a delightful lunch recipe that is refreshing and perfect for spring.Print
A quick and easy sandwich for a delicious lunch!
- Udi’s Delicious White Bread, 4 slices
- ½ pound of shrimp
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- Romaine lettuce, two large leafy slices
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Add shrimp. Season with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and olive oil.
- Prepare bacon according to package instructions (we use the microwave for four minutes as a shortcut)!
- Toast four slices of bread.
- When shrimp is fully cooked (and is opaque), prepare your two sandwiches. Chop the shrimp, when cool, so your sandwich is easier to prepare.
- Add mayonnaise, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and shrimp.
There are several ways to assemble your new favorite sandwich. You could use four slices and create a double-decker sandwich or just use two slices for a regular sized sandwich.
You can try ranch instead of mayonnaise or even add hot sauce! The possibilities are endless. I am just glad that I am able to still enjoy my favorite “vacation” sandwich from Key West with a gluten free twist. This opens up more recipe ideas for my family since we are trying to enjoy more gluten free options. Plus, there is NO taste difference. It was soft, flavorful, and easy to use.
There are many ways to add sandwiches to your everyday lunches or quick dinner time ideas. Shrimp is probably not your first choice for a sandwich, but it is the BEST to get out of a regular turkey and cheese sandwich rut. This recipe reminds me of some of our best vacations together as a family, and I look forward to creating this again in the future, especially now that the weather is warming up. A BLT is an amazing spring and summer sandwich!
What are your favorite sandwiches?
Spring Cleaning Planner
Clean and get organized! Download your free spring cleaning printable planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Backup Your Travel Photos (and save yourself from a “no space left” cell phone message!) - September 20, 2018
- Cinnamon Sugar Brownies | Special Delivery from Taste of Home - September 19, 2018
- Frozen Coffee Recipe - September 18, 2018