Create a simple DIY to add a pop of color to your home to decorate for Valentine’s Day, a PINK baby shower, or just because!
Stock Up on Crafty Supplies
This craft requires a few items that you might already have at home. I know that I have a small collection of empty mason jars, and you can’t go wrong with having Martha Stewart Craft paint on hand! The milk glass paint is a fun one that can help you with any small creative projects you have for your home.
The two-ounce size is perfect for this quick project. Grab a paintbrush, and let’s get creative!
- Mason jar
- Martha Stewart Milk Glass Paint in pink
- Twine or ribbon
- Faux or fresh flowers
- Begin by washing the mason jar well. Dry thoroughly.
- Pour about a teaspoon of milk glass paint into the jar. Start turning the jar slowly so the paint starts to distribute and spread.
- Use the paintbrush to continue to spread out the paint and create an even layer on the inside of the jar.
- Allow the paint to dry thoroughly. If a second coat is needed, apply it when the first coat is dry.
- Tie on a piece of ribbon or twine around the mouth of the mason jar.
- You can now add your flowers. Faux works best. If you use fresh, create a barrier between the water and the inside of the jar. Otherwise, the paint may peel.
- Your milk glass mason jar is now ready to be displayed.
Pro tip: Silk flowers work best. If you want to use fresh flowers, make sure to create a barrier between the water and the inside of the jar. The paint could peel otherwise.
These cute milk glass mason jars are so fun, you might find yourself making a couple to add to your mantel or coffee table. I’m thinking I want to create a set of rainbow colored ones!
Do you like to display silk flowers around your home?
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- 50 Valentine’s Day Desserts and Drinks: Sweet Treats to Share - January 20, 2019
- Last Minute Date Ideas: Free Date Nights - January 14, 2019
- Gluten Free Sandwich Charcuterie Board - January 14, 2019