This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Lennar Orlando. All opinions are 100% mine.
So after a few years of wasting money on rent with nothing to show for it, we recently decided to become homeowners again. Having already been through the process once before, I know what a headache it can be. From financing to inspection, there’s a lot of steps to take before you get the keys for the first time. To help streamline the process, we’ve come up with a simple checklist that will help you moving forward on your dreams of homeownership and avoid mistakes that could keep you from getting that home of your dreams. And speaking of dream homes, make sure to keep reading about Lennar Connected Home. Lennar has reimagined the home-buying experience by including the most desired new features such as total home automation powered by Amazon.at no extra cost and no DIY installation. Here’s a roadmap to help you on your path:
1.Set goals: What are the features you are looking for? Where do you want to be located? When do you want to move in by? Once you answer those basic questions, you’ll be able to dig deeper to decide what are your wants vs. what are your needs? Where are you willing to compromise? These are all questions you should answer to help guide you through the process.
2. Gather documentation: Before you even start daydreaming about available properties, you should have all the required paperwork in your hands. Some forms of documentation, such as past tax returns can take weeks or months to replace. Don’t get heart-broken if you miss out on your dream home because you are waiting on a form in the mail. Typically, you will need these 13 forms of documentation for all people involved for a standard mortgage:
- W-2 forms: Most lenders will need your last two years.
- Pay stubs. Depending on the lender you will need to be able to show between one and six months worth.
- Bank statements. At least your last two months.
- Tax returns. You’ll need at least your last year. Two if you are self-employed or derive significant income from a side business
- Identification. Driver’s license, passport or other state-issued ID
- Proof of residency. Most home loans are only available to U.S. citizens or Green Card holders
- Proof of military service. Veterans need DD Form 214 or Certificate of Release or Discharge
- K-1 and business tax returns. Business owners, including self-employed, need the last two years
- Sources of funds. All money used for down payment must have a proven origin, such as a 401K loan
- Gift letter. This form must be filled out if part of the down payment was given by a third party
- Alimony or child support documents. You may also be asked for details of a divorce settlement
- Proof of reserves. You should have enough assets to cover at least three months of payment at closing
- Rental payments. Verification from a previous landlord or 12 months of canceled rent checks.
- The Connected Home features Amazon’s new Echo Show®, the first Echo device to feature a video screen you can send hands-free, voice-activated commands to Alexa to watch videos, make video calls, play your favorite music powered by two Dolby speakers, and control your Connected Home’s included devices. Amazon experts provide setup, activation, and support for all included devices in the home and help you configure the Amazon and Amazon Alexa mobile apps on your devices so you can control your home remotely or via Alexa-based voice commands. All services by Amazon are backed with a 90-day Amazon Smart Home Support plan that offers phone and in-home support to resolve any issues.
- Lennar is the only homebuilder to offer Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ Home Designs approved by the Wi-Fi Alliance®. By engineering state-of-the-art Wi-Fi into the design and construction of every new home. It uses heat maps to verify Wi-Fi signal strength, every Lennar floorplan guarantees superior connections in every room for all wireless devices – as well as streaming video, music, and games – with no dead spots.
Learn more on The Open Door!
What’s your best tip for owning a home? Would you want a tech-friendly home like this?
Spring Cleaning Planner
Clean and get organized! Download your free spring cleaning printable planner.
Latest posts by J. Scott Butherus (see all)
- Fried Snapper Recipe | Fresh Fish Ideas - May 29, 2018
- Black Panther Now on DVD: Eight helpful household hacks for Wakandan vibranium - May 15, 2018
- Build the Force at Star Wars LEGOLAND Florida - May 8, 2018