Sometimes the little ones get left out of all the fun on New Year’s Eve. The party starts so late, and children may not understand the concept of making resolutions. However, kids LOVE glitter, celebrations, and creating fun crafts to ring in the new year! Here’s a simple way to celebrate the new year with a bit of sparkle!
Don’t worry if you’re a novice to slime. It took me a few times to truly understand what I was doing. Be patient, have fun, and get creative!
Pick up your ingredients either online or at your local store. You’re going to need silver glitter glue, baking soda, gold glitter, and contact solution. You may have all of this already in your home!
In a bowl, mix glue and baking soda.
Add in gold glitter, mix. Mix in contact solution. Stir well, until mixture thickens. It is helpful to work the solution into the slime with your hands, too.
If your slime is too sticky or not firm enough, simply add more contact solution until it reaches a good consistency.
Gold Glitter Slime Recipe
- 6 oz silver glitter glue
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp gold glitter
- 1 1/2 tbsp contact solution
- In a bowl, mix glue and baking soda.
- Add in gold glitter, mix.
- Mix in contact solution.
- Stir well, until mixture thickens.
- It is helpful to work the solution into the slime with your hands, too. If your slime is too sticky or not firm enough, simply add more contact solution until it reaches a good consistency.
Looking for another glittery children’s craft for the new year?
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- The World Avatar at Animal Kingdom: What to Know Before You Go (2019 Edition) - July 12, 2019
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Kitchen’s Ambiance - July 12, 2019
- Are Disney Character Breakfasts Worth It? - July 11, 2019