This conversation was sponsored by Florida Prepaid and Bloggin’ Mamas. All college opinions are my own though!
Now that I am a mother, I have a laundry list of things to think about TODAY to make sure that my son is successful TOMORROW. College is an integral part of long-lasting success in today’s economy, and it is truly never too early to get started. What is Florida Prepaid?
Florida Prepaid is the largest, longest running and most successful prepaid program in the nation and we are here to help Florida families understand the importance of investing in education and make it is easy to do so. Florida Prepaid offers two types of savings options: Prepaid Plans and 529 savings plans. There are five different types of Prepaid Plans, and they can only be purchased during Open Enrollment (which usually runs from Oct.-Feb.).Every college savings plan opened with us represents an investment in a child’s future, and in our state.
Which one is best for you and your family? You can give ANY of these!
1-Year Florida University Plan:
- Starting at under $50 a month
- You can purchase one year, or 30 credit hours, at a time according to your budget and timeline, without feeling the pressure of having to buy all four years at once
- The plan also allows multiple purchasers to buy a plan for the same child. So now you can team up with other family members to help pay for your child’s higher education
2-Year Florida College Plan
- Set your child up with a practical, affordable path to entering his/her chosen career with an associate’s degree or trade certification
- Give your child the advantage over those with only a high school diploma
- Like all of our plans, every cent of the value of this plan can be applied at any university or college nationwide and is guaranteed by the state of Florida. You cannot lose the money you put in.
4-Year Florida College Plan
- Every cent of the value of this plan can be applied at any university or college nationwide and is guaranteed by the state of Florida. You cannot lose the money you put in.
2+2 Florida College Plan
- Your child can receive a degree from one of Florida’s prestigious state universities for less than a typical four-year university degree
- By starting your child off at one of the state’s 28 Florida colleges, you’ll save money on lower-level courses before transferring to a State University to finish off their degree
- Students with this plan are guaranteed admission to a state university once they’ve earned their associate’s degree at a Florida college
4-Year Florida University Plan
- This Plan will start your child off at one of Florida’s 12 prestigious state universities and see them through their four-year journey.
I purchased a Florida Prepaid Plan before it was too late. Florida Prepaid let me sign up quickly and easily online.
A Florida Prepaid College Plan allows families to prepay, on a monthly or lump-sum basis, the future cost of college tuition, specified fees and dormitory housing. When your child is ready for college, the plan pays the Tuition, tuition differential fee and other specified fees covered under the plan at any Florida College or State University. If your child attends an out-of-state college or private college, the plan will pay the same amount as it would pay at a public college or university in Florida. Every Prepaid Plan is guaranteed by the State of Florida.
Don’t Miss Out!
I went to college for a LONG time. I probably could write a book about getting into college, living the life of a college student, graduate school, and graduation. Not only did I spend a long time in school, I also worked for a university. I know the ins and outs of college and student life, and there are so many tips that I want to share. Just like many other college students, I made mistakes. I didn’t think ahead and I didn’t have the best of plans. Luckily there are options like Florida Prepaid that can help families make the best decisions for their children!
Do you have a savings plan in place for your children?
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- 10 Actual Things You Can Do Today To Change Your Life - May 20, 2019
- How to Save Money on a Cruise - May 20, 2019
- How To Cut Household Expenses And Save For What You REALLY Want - May 19, 2019