This post has been sponsored by Mott’s®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Every year during the holiday season I like to bake up different batches of cookies to gift to friends, family, and neighbors. It’s a simple yet sweet way to show appreciation, and it’s even better to give handmade treats! My son loves to help me bake cookies, and this is a simple recipe for any time of year. And, believe it or not, it’s a better-for-you cookie recipe that uses Mott’s Applesauce, oatmeal, and raisins. Trust me, these are kid-approved too!
We like to stock up on our baking essentials on a budget which is why Dollar General was our first stop! We found Mott’s Unsweetened Apple Sauce and Mott’s 100% Original Apple Juice in the juice aisle, and we were thrilled to learn to learn that Dollar General has the lowest price nationally for Mott’s 100% Apple Juice 6-packs.
We also stocked up on a few Clover Valley items to finish out this cookie recipe. You can look for Clover Valley items at your nearest Dollar General.
- 3/4 cup Mott’s® Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 3/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Be sure to grease your cookie sheets and begin stirring together oats, flour, baking powder and baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, blend together butter, brown sugar, and the white sugar until combined. Using a whisk to beat in the egg and applesauce. Add the oatmeal mixture to the batter and stir well.
- Fold in the chocolate, raisins, and walnuts. Scoop spoonfuls onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Who knew my son would like raisins and oatmeal so much!? I certainly didn’t, but these are a family favorite. Add a few cookies to a food container, tie with a holiday bow, and they end up being a simple gift idea.
You can find everything you need this holiday season at Dollar General! Check out this site with a variety of ways to use Mott’s during the holidays!
Don’t forget to try Mott’s Applesauce in your recipe swaps this year. It’s an easy yet flavorful way to add apple to your seasonal desserts.
Control the Christmas Chaos!
Get organized for the holidays with this printable Christmas planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Colorful Cheap Planner For Busy Moms | Busy Mom Planner on a Budget - December 10, 2018
- Christmas Tree Cinnamon Rolls | Easy Christmas Breakfast Ideas - December 6, 2018
- Quick Cranberry Pancakes - December 5, 2018