It is time to plan a relaxing getaway to Ocala in Marion County! Fun fact: Did you know it is the Horse Capital of the WorldTM ? Not only that, but since we are located in Florida, it is a hop, skip, and a jump away on Interstate 75 from our new home!
The Perfect Weekend Getaway
Events and Ocala/Marion County Activities: Swimming holes! Visit Silver Glen Springs, Juniper Springs, Salt Springs, and many more. You can snorkel, canoe, kayak, and fish in the many lakes available nearby in the county. You can camp, stay in a cabin, head to a bed & breakfast, or a top-notch hotel. Tips for a Fun Florida Vacation:
- Plan ahead! Use the resources online at their website to learn more about what is on their event calendar for the summer.
- Bring sunscreen. This one is a given! However, even on a rainy day you will need it.
3. Don’t be afraid to ask the locals what to do! Locals, especially me here in Florida, know what is going on. Ask about our favorite recommendations and visit the local tourism board for more information. 4. Try something out of your comfort zone. Kayaking is not my strong suit, but it is so fun in Florida! It can be peaceful and relaxing, and Ocala has several areas where you can do this. Now that I know it is the horse capital, I’m going to try my hand at horseback riding. I literally have never done this before!
No matter your budget, you can find a vacation here! You can experience the good old southern comfort charm of Old Florida with the modern feel of today. Since there is too much to do in one day, be sure to stay overnight for a fantastic family vacation! Learn more about Ocala/Marion County Lodging. Learn more about Florida Travel and plan your next getaway!
Florida Vacation Getaways
- Tips For Your Next Florida Vacation
- How to Make the Most Out of Your Florida Staycation
- 10 Must Do Activities at SeaWorld
- 5 Things to Do on Captiva Island