This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #StarsOfSummer #CollectiveBias Messaging below is intended for ages 21+ and is intended to be enjoyed responsibly, in moderation.
Things that I love: summer, nachos, spicy food, and anything related to a good summer party punch. With summer fun on the horizon, I’ve got the perfect party plan for your next group get-together complete with a fun DIY to do with your friends, a punch cocktail recipe, homemade nachos, and lots of avocado goodness. Here’s to your next summer gathering!
I grabbed RO*TEL® and fresh avocados for our signature party dish. There are so many varieties for you to choose from.
Signature Party Dish
Our party’s signature dish was a spin on classic nachos or chips and dip. We opted to create a Key West inspired tuna nacho dish with homemade tortilla chips.
Homemade tortilla chips are easy to make in a hurry and you can create them with extra spice! Cut tortillas into triangles and spray with olive oil and season with garlic salt, cayenne pepper, and whatever other flavors you love! My husband prefers to season our chips with Old Bay, and it was a good match for our signature nacho dish.
Bake at 325 degrees for a few minutes until crisp.
When you’re ready to create your tuna nachos for your party, there are a few steps to get started. First up: the slaw! Yes, you need cabbage to top your fancy nachos! In fact, you need cabbage, vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice and a little bit of oil.
Next up is the tuna prep. Depending on your guests and their flavor preferences, there are a few ways that you can prepare tuna. We like to sear tuna for fifteen seconds or so on each side.
You finish building these nachos by topping with slaw, avocado, RO*TEL, and of course, tuna. These meaty nachos are hefty and have a lot of Florida flavor.
Memorial Day festivities get an upgrade with fresh checkered prints and rustic accents with wood and galvanized metal accents. Create a table with easy to reach snacks and unique side dishes like our Key West Tuna Nachos with RO*TEL and fresh avocado.
The homemade tortilla chips are a focal point of the party since everyone can snack on them and top them with their favorite ingredients.
RO*TEL, cheese, the spicy slaw, and seaweed salad are our nacho toppings if you want to create your own. If you order ahi poke in a restaurant, you are probably used to trying wasabi sauce or a seaweed salad as a garnish or a side. This nacho bar is unique and has a blend of flavors that is restaurant-quality.
Upgrade your party with a summer punch inspired by the citrus flavors of Florida!
Summer Punch Recipe
This orange blackberry vodka punch is easy to make and oh so delicious!
- 2 oz vodka
- 4 oz mango juice
- 2 oz orange juice
Add ingredients to a large glass with ice. Garnish with blackberries and orange slices.
It is the perfect pairing with the flavor of the RO*TEL and avocados in the nachos.
- 15-20 soft corn tortillas
- 12 oz. raw ahi tuna
- 2 cups green cabbage, finely cut
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup RO*TEL
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Key lime juice
- Old Bay seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Using a pizza cutter, cut tortillas in quarters and spread on baking pan. Brush with half of the oil and sprinkle on Old Bay seasoning.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until tortillas turn a crispy brown.
- In mixing bowl, combine cabbage, vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice and remainder of oil to create slaw. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut tuna into 1-inch steaks and season with salt and Old Bay. On grill or skillet on high heat, sear tuna for 15 seconds on each side or until desired prep is reached.
- Cut tuna into smaller slices.
- Peel and de-seed avocado and cut into thin slices.
- Assemble nachos with avocado, tuna, slaw, RO*TEL, and cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 620 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 66mg Sodium: 611mg Carbohydrates: 61g Fiber: 11g Sugar: 3g Protein: 40g
So, what do you think? Are you ready to grill up fresh tuna and serve a unique twist on chips and dip?
Nacho Recipe Ideas:
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- The Best Wine Slushie Recipes: Cool and Refreshing Wine Slush Ideas - May 25, 2019
- Erin Condren Teacher Planner: How to Use it When You’re Not a Teacher - May 24, 2019
- Pink Lemonade Wine Slushie Recipe - May 24, 2019