I was compensated for this post. This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Each and every week, I’ll be sharing easy ways to maximize your dollar at your local dollar store. From five dollar meal ideas to closet organization, you can find a LOT for just a buck. This marks the beginning of my fifth month of weekly articles about saving money. Don’t forget to catch up in the dollar store archives.
There are two holidays that inspire patriotic party decor: Memorial Day and the Fourth of July. If you host backyard BBQs or pool parties to celebrate these events, I’ve got a simple shopping list for you! You can decorate your home and party table on a budget if you know where to look. Scour the Dollar Tree in May and June.
July 4th Shopping List
- Aluminum buckets: Use these for cooling down drinks or create an outdoor game like a water balloon toss!
- Plastic cups: You can never have enough.
- Plastic stemless wine glasses: I picked up a set of red, white, and blue glasses for July 4th at Target for just $1 a piece.
- Chalkboard + chalk: Use a chalkboard to display your BBQ menu or a sweet patriotic message.
- Pencils: Stock up on colorful pencils and use as party favors for children!
- Notepads: I go through notepads like crazy! I buy with the season and always have leftovers.
- Playing cards: You’re going to need them for a fun family event! We always play cards after dinner.
- Dollar Flags: When I’m at the Dollar Store prepping for a Memorial Day party, I’m usually lucky and find these awesome mini flags for a $1. These flags are perfect for decorations and also for showing some American pride.
- American Flag Lapel Pins: We try to do find fun and unique ways to show our patriotism. The Dollar Tree has these small American Flag lapel pins that make awesome pieces of décor for the family.
- Patriotic Top Hats: If you have little kids that love to dress up, they will love the patriotic top hats available from the Dollar Store. These little hats are awesome because they are color coded with the American flag and fit little heads perfectly.
- Paper Patriotic Décor: If you’re having a party or cookout, then the Dollar Store is ideal for stocking up on all of your Memorial Day or July 4th party supplies. I’ve seen items like paper plates, bowls, utensils, and even table cloths. You can pick up items like wall décor, patriotic printed duct tape, red white & blue glow sticks, and more.
- Red, white, and blue candy: Create a simple candy buffet with dollar bags of candy.
When it comes to choosing party décor from the Dollar Store, it’s important to have a budget in mind. You can easily walk into one of these stores and spend a ton of money. Write down what you need, have a budget in mind, and have fun shopping for your patriotic party!
What’s your best summer party idea?
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- 3 Tips to Quick & Easy Meal Prep - October 16, 2019
- The Best Way to Celebrate in Tampa Bay - October 16, 2019
- Printable Birthday Calendar: Celebrate Birthdays With Paper Thread by American Greetings - October 15, 2019