Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PureLife35pk #CollectiveBias
It is hot here in Florida right now. Really hot. Like summertime in South Florida hot. I don’t even need a metaphor to explain how hot it is right now. But nobody likes being trapped indoors all summer. The outdoors is calling and it is a great time to be out on the water, whether that be on kayak or a party-sized pontoon boat. The key to any outdoor activities right now is staying hydrated. Nestlé® Pure Life® has you covered. Starting in May, when you buy Nestle products direct from your local Walmart, you can take advantage of their new 35-bottle packaging. That means three extra bottles of water for the price of 32.
No matter how much you plan for your day on the water, there always seems to be another item or two that gets overlooked and always causes regrets when you realize you REALLY need it. Sometimes it is the little things that get forgotten but can make a big difference when it comes to having an enjoyable day. So here are other commonly forgotten items you need to remember when you head out on the boat for a day on the water.
How to Pack For a Day on the Water
- Radio: Yes, the solemn silence of nature is refreshing but, sometimes, it can be rare to find. If you are paddling or boating in a popular area like lakes or beaches, there can be a lot of ambient noise that can take you out of the moment. A waterproof radio or wireless speakers that enable you to stream music from your phone (safely packed away in a dry-bag) will help you drown out nearby boat motors or rowdy spring breakers.
- Fresh T-shirt: I don’t know about you but by the end of the day, the shirt I left the dock with is usually covered in saltwater, fish guts and a whole lot of sweat. I always keep a fresh t-shirt for the trip back. It’ll save your car seats from smelling like bait and you won’t have that icky feeling at the end of the day.
- Clean rags: Being outdoors is messy and you will inevitably need to clean something. Disposable rags are essential and you’d be surprised how many times we get out on the water only to realize you have a rag shortage. A rag will also help you deal with a little pest most of us Florida fisherman have to deal with on a constant basis: the hardhead saltwater catfish. Not only do they have extremely sharp barbs on their dorsal and pectoral fins, they are covered in a mucous-like slime. Having one of these ends up on the end of your line is usually the point where most folks realize they should have remembered the disposable rags.
- Bug spray: Speaking of pests, we get a lot of them here in Florida. This is the time of year for gnats, which according to Calusa legend are the result of centuries of reincarnation that have resulted in only needing mouths and wings to carry the souls of their ancestors. We also have these fun insects called deer flies. They are about an inch long and unlike other biting or stinging insects, they use a razor-sharp appendage to cut a tiny “x” into your skin and suck the blood. Everyone always remembers the sun protection but coming home covered in bug bites can be just as bad as a sunburn.
- Sunglasses: It goes without saying that these are a necessity!
- Don’t forget lots of water. It’s hot out there so be on the lookout for a refreshed packaging from Nestle this upcoming May at a store near you! As shoppers, we are receiving a great value by getting 3 more bottles for the same price as the old 32 pack! You can find Nestle products at Walmart online, but make sure to visit the store for the 35 pk! We sometimes forget just how much water we should drink when we are enjoying the outdoors. A good guideline is one bottle per person, per hour that you plan on being outside.
Visit nestlepurelife.com to sign up for promotions, offers and more. To order online from Walmart.com, click here: http://cbi.as/7kikz. Please note that only the 24-pack is available with online ordering.
If the 35 pack of Nestle Pure Life is not available in your local Walmart, please ask a store manager about getting the product in your area.
Are there any other items that you always seem to forget when you are planning for a day on the water?
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more for your online website.
Latest posts by J. Scott Butherus (see all)
- Business Spending With Big Rewards: Tips to Get Started - October 16, 2017
- Fall fun in Ocala-Marion County - October 2, 2017
- 7 Life Lessons from Hurricane Irma with Energizer - September 25, 2017