If you need a fun activity to keep little ones busy this holiday season, try these play gloves. Similar to puppets, these colorful gloves will make a simple game out of a childhood rhyme for the Christmas holiday season.
To get started, you need stretch gloves (you can find these in a dollar section!), peel and stick felt gingerbread (try Michael’s!), and craft glue.
- Stretch gloves ($1 at Michael’s Craft Store)
- 5 peel and stick felt gingerbread
- Craft glue
- Lay the glove on a flat surface and flatten it out so no wrinkles are present.
- Add a dab of glue to the back of each peel and stick gingerbread to help reinforce the adhesion.
- Press one gingerbread at a time on the tip of each finger. Allow to dry.
- Slip the glove on to act out your favorite gingerbread finger plays, including the one below.
Once your gloves are finished, sing this cheerful tune as you act out the scene with your gingerbread fingers.
5 Little Gingerbread
5 little gingerbread sitting in on a plate,
The first one said, “I’m scared of being ate!”
The second one said, “there is frosting over there.”
The third one said, “but I don’t care!”
The fourth one said, “let’s jump and skip and run.”
The fifth one said, “isn’t baking fun?”
Then up the cookies jumped and away they ran
And the five little gingerbread were never seen again.