This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content.
When I think about Fridays, I’m mentally preparing myself for some kind of weekend getaway. It doesn’t have to be something extravagant like a cruise or road trip, but I do like to come up with unique ideas for our family to do. While we do have theme part season passes, we don’t go every Saturday. Instead, I like to use online calendars, social media, and websites like Groupon to help inspire me to plan our next weekend adventure.
1. Farmers Markets. One of my favorite ways to start the day! I love early morning shopping at a local farmers market to stock up on our essentials. It’s a fun place to sample locally made items like handmade soap, honey, and of course, fresh fruits and vegetables.
2. Paint parties. Date night is a lot more fun when you’re doing something like painting together! Usually these activities encourage you to bring your own beverages, and you end the night with a finished piece of art.
3. Register for a fun run. 5Ks are a popular event to race your friends and laugh along the way! From glow stick 5Ks to color runs, these fun runs are available in your area pretty regularly. Challenge yourself to a race every few weeks.
4. Take a cupcake tour of your town. Explore local bakeries and spend an afternoon sampling cupcakes along the way!
5. Find new food trucks. Use social media to find local food trucks’ schedules.
6. Sample new local brews. Sign up for a brewery tour! If you’re lucky enough to have a distillery in your area, that is another unique option.
Groupon Things to Do makes it easy and affordable to find things to do where I live. You can use it for your area too to find unique weekend activities and save a few bucks in the process.
What’s your favorite thing to do over the weekend?
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- 10 Actual Things You Can Do Today To Change Your Life - May 20, 2019
- How to Save Money on a Cruise - May 20, 2019
- How To Cut Household Expenses And Save For What You REALLY Want - May 19, 2019