One of my favorite easy sides for busy weeknight dinners is rice. Sometimes I stock up on dry pasta and pre-packaged rice dinners when they’re on sale, but they taste so much better when they’re homemade! Whether you use your rice cooker or re-create this recipe exactly as it’s listed below, this parmesan and spinach rice combination tastes delicious!
Garlic, spinach, and parmesan cheese combine to make a simple dish with a lot of flavor. You won’t want to buy pre-packaged rice dinners again!
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cups uncooked rice
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup tightly packed baby spinach, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the garlic and butter in a medium size saucepan. Once the garlic has melted, add in the rice.
- Once the rice has been stirred into the butter, add in the 2 cups of milk and simmer on medium heat. stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the rice has cooked through, add in the chopped spinach and the parmesan cheese. Heat through another 5-10 minutes to allow the spinach to wilt and the parmesan cheese to melt.
Control the Christmas Chaos!
Get organized for the holidays with this printable Christmas planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- lake + loft dream.plan.do planner review - December 15, 2018
- Christmas at Disney World: Grand Floridian Resort Gingerbread House - December 15, 2018
- Christmas Bricktacular at LEGOLAND Florida - December 14, 2018