One of my favorite easy sides for busy weeknight dinners is rice. Sometimes I stock up on dry pasta and pre-packaged rice dinners when they’re on sale, but they taste so much better when they’re homemade! Whether you use your rice cooker or re-create this recipe exactly as it’s listed below, this parmesan and spinach rice combination tastes delicious!
Garlic, spinach, and parmesan cheese combine to make a simple dish with a lot of flavor. You won’t want to buy pre-packaged rice dinners again!
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cups uncooked rice
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup tightly packed baby spinach, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the garlic and butter in a medium size saucepan. Once the garlic has melted, add in the rice.
- Once the rice has been stirred into the butter, add in the 2 cups of milk and simmer on medium heat. stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the rice has cooked through, add in the chopped spinach and the parmesan cheese. Heat through another 5-10 minutes to allow the spinach to wilt and the parmesan cheese to melt.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Glitter Beer at Disney World: Playalinda Brewing Company - March 22, 2019
- Pet Adoption Supplies Checklist - March 19, 2019
- Home Renovation Budget: How to Make the Most of It - March 18, 2019