I have to admit that, like St. Patrick’s Day, it was really fun celebrating Cinco De Mayo pre-baby. Yes, I enjoyed heading out to a small bar after work with friends to enjoy some margaritas and maybe some tequila. One year we even went to an awesome Mexican restaurant in NYC for a delicious feast. But times change and now little holidays like this are celebrated at home, sometimes with friends and family, sometimes just us.
If you’re planning a celebration for Cinco De Mayo this year, I have a quick and easy guacamole recipe with a kick. Here’s the disclaimer, you must like blue cheese for this.
This is your basic guacamole recipe, with crumbled bleu cheese added in, and it’s heavenly. The blue cheese adds a tangy creaminess that is just oh so good with each bite. And when the guacamole is scooped onto a tortilla chip, the added saltiness from the chip makes it even better.
I love that this isn’t your usual guacamole and I think your guests will too. It takes all of 10 minutes to whip up, so it’s such an easy party dip to throw together.
- 4 ripe avocados
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium tomato, diced with seeds removed
- 2 heaping tablespoons of crumbled bleu cheese
- Cut the avocados in half, take out the pits and scoop into a large bowl.
- Add in the lemon juice, lime juice, diced onion, garlic, salt and mash together.
- Add in the tomatoes and give a stir.
- Stir in the bleu cheese crumbles.
- Transfer guacamole to a serving bowl and garnish with bleu cheese crumbles.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let chill before serving.
Ready, set, dip away…
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more for your online website.