I have to admit that, like St. Patrick’s Day, it was really fun celebrating Cinco De Mayo pre-baby. Yes, I enjoyed heading out to a small bar after work with friends to enjoy some margaritas and maybe some tequila. One year we even went to an awesome Mexican restaurant in NYC for a delicious feast. But times change and now little holidays like this are celebrated at home, sometimes with friends and family, sometimes just us.
If you’re planning a celebration for Cinco De Mayo this year, I have a quick and easy guacamole recipe with a kick. Here’s the disclaimer, you must like blue cheese for this.
This is your basic guacamole recipe, with crumbled bleu cheese added in, and it’s heavenly. The blue cheese adds a tangy creaminess that is just oh so good with each bite. And when the guacamole is scooped onto a tortilla chip, the added saltiness from the chip makes it even better.
I love that this isn’t your usual guacamole and I think your guests will too. It takes all of 10 minutes to whip up, so it’s such an easy party dip to throw together.
Cinco De Mayo: Bleu Cheese Guacamole Recipe
- 4 ripe avocados
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium tomato, diced with seeds removed
- 2 heaping tablespoons of crumbled bleu cheese
- Cut the avocados in half, take out the pits and scoop into a large bowl.
- Add in the lemon juice, lime juice, diced onion, garlic, salt and mash together.
- Add in the tomatoes and give a stir.
- Stir in the bleu cheese crumbles.
- Transfer guacamole to a serving bowl and garnish with bleu cheese crumbles.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let chill before serving.
Ready, set, dip away…
[amazon-related-products keywords=”mexican recipes”]
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more.